The Ministry of Health announced in Gaza 200 patients were evacuated from the Indonesian Hospital in Gaza City to the south of the Strip, hours after it was subjected to a deadly Israeli bombing. Jakarta denounced it and affirmed its continued support for the Palestinians in Gaza.
Ministry of Health spokesman Ashraf Al-Qudra told Agence France-Presse that 200 people were evacuated – yesterday, Monday – from the hospital in Jabalia to Nasser Hospital in Khan Yunis, south of the Gaza Strip.
He added that the Israeli army is besieging the Indonesian hospital, and we fear that it will repeat what it did At Al-Shifa ComplexIn reference to the largest hospital in Gaza, which was besieged and then stormed by the Israeli occupation forces.
The process of evacuating patients from the Indonesian hospital was carried out in coordination with… International Committee of the Red CrossThis is a condition imposed by doctors after Israel bombed an ambulance in northern Gaza.
Al-Qudra said, “There are still 400 patients in the hospital, and we are working with the International Committee of the Red Cross to evacuate them,” noting that there are about two thousand displaced people inside and around the hospital.
And Arabic Global Health Organization She expressed her horror at the attack that targeted – yesterday, Monday – the Indonesian Hospital in the northern Gaza Strip.
The organization explained – in a statement published yesterday – that the Indonesian hospital was damaged by at least 5 attacks since the seventh of last October, and it was reported that the last attack led to the death of at least 12 people, including patients and their companions residing in the hospital. the hospital.
She added, “According to the latest reports, the Indonesian hospital remains under siege, and no one was allowed to enter or leave the hospital. There were also reports of gunfire directed at those who tried to leave, but there have been no injuries or deaths so far.”
The Israeli occupation army is besieging the Indonesian hospital, following a similar policy that previously targeted the Al-Shifa Medical Complex west of Gaza City and other hospitals in the northern and central Gaza Strip, with the aim of forcibly evacuating the sick, injured and displaced from these hospitals.
For the 46th day, the occupation army is waging a destructive aggression and war on Gaza, leaving more than 13,300 Palestinian martyrs, including more than 5,600 children and 3,500 women, as well as more than 31,000 injured, 75% of whom are children and women, according to the government media office in Gaza yesterday evening. Monday.
For her part, Indonesian Foreign Minister Retno Marsudi said – in a statement from the Chinese capital, Beijing – that “Indonesia denounces in the strongest terms the Israeli attacks on the Indonesian hospital in Gaza.”
Marsudi added that she is visiting China as part of an Organization of Islamic Cooperation delegation with the aim of gathering international support for implementing an immediate ceasefire.
The Indonesian minister’s statement comes after another statement by Indonesian President Joko Widodo in Jakarta in which he affirmed that his country will continue to provide political support to the Palestinian people and will continue to support their struggle.
Widodo spoke of his country’s commitment to flying more planes carrying medical aid, hospital equipment, food supplies, and other needs for the people of Gaza.
The Indonesian Medical Rescue and Emergency Committee (Mercy Indonesia), a non-governmental relief association that supervised the construction of the Indonesian hospital in Gaza, also denounced the attacks on the hospital and said it was unfortunate.
The committee questioned the application of international law protecting hospitals and demanded that Israel not infringe on the sanctity of hospitals, noting the presence of 3 Indonesian volunteers in the hospital in Gaza.