Today, Tuesday, the Saudi-Emirati coalition announced the killing of 80 Houthis in targeting operations it carried out during the past 24 hours in the Marib Governorate in central Yemen, while the Iranian Foreign Ministry said that the military attacks will not solve the Yemeni crisis and will lead to further escalation in the region.
The coalition said, in a brief statement reported by the Saudi Press Agency, that it had carried out 17 targeting operations against the Houthis in Marib, adding that the targeting led to the destruction of 9 military vehicles and the killing of more than 80 Houthi elements.
The US Department of Defense (Pentagon) has said that it did not play any role in the Saudi-led coalition’s bombing of Yemen in response to the attacks against the UAE.
The Saudi-led coalition had said that at dawn today, Tuesday, it carried out separate air strikes on Houthi strongholds and camps in the Yemeni capital, Sanaa.
Local Yemeni sources said that the coalition’s air strikes targeted locations, including the vicinity of the War College in Al-Rawda area, and the area behind the headquarters of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the Al-Sitteen area, while the coalition said that it destroyed a communications system for drones in Jabal Al-Nabi Shuaib.
The coalition had previously stated that its air forces were carrying out round-the-clock air operations over Sanaa, adding that its F-15 attack planes had earlier destroyed two platforms used to launch ballistic missiles that targeted vital economic facilities in Yemen. Emirate of Abu Dhabi on Monday.
And the Houthi group announced yesterday, Monday, that it had carried out a military operation, which it described as qualitative in the depth of the UAE, and confirmed the targeting of vital facilities in Abu Dhabi and Dubai by drones, ballistic and winged missiles, which resulted in the killing of 3 workers of Indian and Pakistani nationalities.
The dead were killed as a result of an explosion in oil tankers in the Musaffah Industrial Area, and the authorities reported that a fire broke out near Abu Dhabi Airport. The UAE said it reserves the right to respond to what it called the terrorist attacks on Abu Dhabi.
For its part, Houthi media reported that 12 people were killed and 11 others wounded, including women and children, as a result of coalition raids on the Libyan neighborhood in Sanaa.
A local source said that the raid targeted the house of the Director of the College of Aviation and Air Defense, Brigadier Abdullah Al-Junaid, and that preliminary information indicates that he was killed in the raid, along with others, including members of his family, and that a search for survivors is currently underway under the ruins of the house.
Yemen has been witnessing for nearly 7 years a continuous war between the pro-government forces backed by a military coalition led by the neighboring Saudi Arabia, and the Iranian-backed Houthis, who have controlled several governorates, including the capital, Sanaa, since September 2014.””
On the other hand, Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesman Saeed Khatibzadeh said that tightening the siege and military attacks are not a solution to the Yemeni crisis, and that these moves will lead to an increase in escalation in the region, as he put it.
Zadeh added in a statement that his country always stresses the necessity of settling the Yemeni crisis through a political solution, as well as ending the war, preserving Yemeni sovereignty and non-interference in internal affairs.
He stressed that resorting to war and violence is not considered a solution to the region’s crises, considering reducing tension and stopping the cycle of violence as a way to achieve peace and stability in the region.
Khatibzadeh indicated that his country is ready to cooperate and participate in any initiative that will lead to stopping the war in Yemen.