A hospital in the city of Pristina, the capital of Kosovo, witnessed a strange incident of a young man in his thirties who was admitted to the hospital in a state of fatigue and severe stomach pain, and the doctors were surprised after discovering that he had swallowed a smartphone by mistake, and they succeeded in removing it with an endoscope in 3 pieces, and the pictures spread on the social networking sites of the phone mobile after removal from the stomach.
Thread from Newsweek
The phone that was swallowed turned out to be a mobile phone, and the owner of the incident underwent a successful operation earlier this week, which is likely to save his life, according to Newsweek.
take out the phone
The medical team performing the operation
Doctors in Pristina, Kosovo – a landlocked country in southeastern Europe – operated on a 33-year-old man after the phone remained in his stomach for four days.
X-ray phone pictures
Dr. Iskandar Tilgaku, the doctor who led the medical team that carried out the successful operation, posted pictures of the phone after it was taken out of the man’s stomach on Facebook, as well as x-rays and endoscopes showing the foreign body inside the 33-year-old’s stomach.
Doctor Telgaku said, on Facebook, that the medical team was able to remove the phone without cutting the stomach and extract it in three separate parts using special devices known as endoscopes, and the doctor said that “no complications” occurred during the operation, which lasted about two hours..
The 33-year-old decided to visit the hospital in Pristina, Kosovo’s capital and largest city, due to the pain he was experiencing after swallowing the phone.
Telgaco told local news outlet Express that the battery was the most dangerous part of the phone on the stomach, because it could explode and release chemicals in the man’s intestines, whose life would likely be in danger. The patient has recovered well from the procedure and is now in good health.