AC Milan ‘enter the race for Liverpool target Ozan Kabak’ as the Serie A leaders plan January bid for the £20m-rated Schalke centre back
- Schalke centre back Ozan Kabab is attracting plenty of interest from top clubs
- Liverpool reportedly opened talks with Kabab over a possible move in January
- AC Milan have also shown an interest in getting a deal done for the 20-year-old
The Reds reportedly opened talks with Kabab last week and news of that appears to have forced Milan to act.
Both clubs want to complete a move for the 20-year-old in time for the transfer window reopening on January 1.
Schalke central defender Ozan Kabab is attracting plenty of interest from Europe’s top clubs
Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp is keen to strengthen his defence following high profile injuries
Liverpool are keen to bolster their defence with Virgil van Dijk unavailable for a substantial period with a serious ACL injury.
Jurgen Klopp was dealt a further blow on Tuesday night when stand-in centre back Fabinho was forced off with an injury in Liverpool’s 2-0 victory over Midtjylland.
Klopp said: ‘[It was] exactly the last thing we needed. I don’t know… I know he felt a hamstring and that’s not good.
Stand-in centre back Fabinho was forced off with injury during the 2-0 win over Midtjylland
‘[He] didn’t feel it that much, [he] said he could have played on but no sprints anymore which doesn’t help in that position obviously.
‘We will see, a scan and we’ll know more but of course – it’s not good.’
Reports in Gazzetta dello Sport on Wednesday suggested that Milan, who are top of Serie A, want to strengthen their defence to give them the best chance of success this season.
The report adds that Kabab is their No 1 target for the January window.