AFL star Sydney Stack is JAILED in Western Australia after allegedly skipping home quarantine – three months after being kicked out of the Queensland hub for breaking isolation
The Richmond Tigers star, 20, is now behind bars and has been refused bail after being charged with ‘Fail to Comply with a Direction’ on Saturday.
Stack was granted approval to enter Western Australia on compassionate grounds via the G2G Pass system.
Sydney Stack (pictured) was allegedly spotted out late night in Perth despite being in 14 day home isolation
He arrived at Perth Airport on Thursday from South Australia, and was ordered to self-quarantine for 14 days at a nominated address in Northam.
Police will allege Stack breached his self-quarantine direction by visiting Northbridge, where he was allegedly found by officers the early hours of Saturday morning.
‘It was also identified he had been staying at a residence in Belmont,’ WA Police said in a statement.
The Melbourne football player will face Perth Magistrates Court on Sunday.
In September, Stack and fellow teammate Callum Coleman-Jones, 21, were suspended for ten games after they allegedly broke COVID-19 rules to visit a Gold Coast strip club.
The AFL said the pair breached the code’s return to play protocols by taking an Uber, visiting a non-approved Gold Coast venue and becoming involved in an altercation which required police intervention.
It comes just months after the Richmond star (pictured) was allegedly caught breaching quarantine rules in the Gold Coast
‘Stack was detained by police and released a short time after,’ an AFL statement read.
Following an investigation by the AFL and the Richmond Tigers, Stack and Coleman-Jones were immediately sent home from the Sunshine State.
The suspension was put in place for the remainder of the 2020 season, finals and the beginning of the 2021 season.
Richmond Football Club was fined $100,000 – $75,000 for the breach and a further $25,000 that was the suspended amount from a previous breach.
At the time, AFL General Counsel Andrew Dillon said all players who breach return to play protocol’s will be held accountable.
‘It is a privilege to be able to continue our competition, and with that privilege comes responsibility,’ he said.
‘The actions of the players are not only irresponsible but disrespectful to the competition and everyone associated with it.
‘The two players knew the rules and chose to ignore them, putting the safety of everyone at risk.’