Monster Hunter Rise Patch Version 2.0 April Update
As of April 28th, a variety of new content has been added to Monster Hunter Rise. Not only has the Hunter Rank cap now been unlocked, but there are also new monsters that will start to appear in both Village and Hub Quests, as well as Rampage quests. Below, you’ll find detailed information on all the new content that can be found in the update.
Click below to skip to each section quickly:
How to Unlock New Content
Once you’ve downloaded the new DLC for the April Update, you’ll have access to all the new quests and features. However, you’ll need to have completed the 7-Star Gathering Hub Urgent Quest: Serpent Goddess of Thunder where you are required to slay the Thunder Serpent Narwa for it all to unlock in-game.
After completing this quest, your Hunter Rank will be unlocked. New 7-Star Gathering Hub Quests will then be added along with new High Rank Rampage Quests. You’ll need to be Hunter Rank 8 or higher to take on these new quests.
This section of the guide will have details on the new monsters you can expect to see as part of the April Update. Some monsters had already been announced, however, there are some additional monsters you can expect to see in the new update.
These new monsters will appear in Village and Hub Quests, Rampage Quests and will start to intrude on some quests.
The monsters added to the game as part of the April Update include:
- Apex Diablos – to unlock Apex Diablos, you’ll need to have completed the main game and be Hunter Rank 8. This will unlock the “Apex Diablos” Rampage Quest.
- Apex Rathalos – to unlock Apex Rathalos, you’ll need to have completed the main game and be Hunter Rank 8. This will unlock the “Apex Rathalos” Rampage Quest.
- Bazelgeuse – to unlock Bazelgeuse, you’ll need to have completed the main game and be Hunter Rank 8. This will unlock the quests “Death from Above” and “Return of the Bazelgeuse.” Bazelgeuse will also invade other High Rank quests.
- Chameleos – to unlock Chameleos, you’ll need to reach Hunter Rank 20. This will unlock the 7-Star Gathering Hub Quest “Ancient Illusion.”
- Kushala Daora – to unlock Kushala Daora, you’ll need to reach Hunter Rank 30. This will unlock the 7-Star Gathering Hub Quest “The Steely Storm.”
- Teostra – to unlock Teostra, you’ll need to reach Hunter Rank 40. This will unlock the 7-Star Gathering Hub Quest “The Emperor of Flame.”
For detailed information on each of these Monster’s ecology, weakness and materials they drop, be sure to check out their individual pages linked above. To find out more about how to unlock 7-Star Gathering Hub Quests go to the Gathering Hub Key Quests section of the guide.
As part of the update, new quests, Arena quests and requests will become available. These include the following quests:
- A Blaze Among Beasts – Hunt a Rathian, Tigrex and Rakna-Kadaki. Completing this quest rewards you with the new Absolute Petalace
- May Fire Quell Fury – Capture a Rajang. Completing this quest rewards you with the new Underworld Petalace.
- Death From Above – Hunt a Bazelgeuse
- Master Utsushi’s Challenge Part 1 – Hunt an Almudron and Zinogre
- Master Utsushi’s Challenge Part 2 – Hunt a Goss Harag and Rajang
- Master Utsushi’s Challenge Part 3 – Hunt Magnamalo and a Nargacuga
Completing these quests also reward you with Outfit Vouchers which can be used to craft layered armor.
New Villager Side Quest Requests
The April Update also sees the addition of new Side Quest requests from Villagers. These include:
- Kagero’s Trial – you’ll need to reach Hunter Rank 20 to unlock this request. When you’ve done this, you will be asked to capture 1 High Rank Magnamalo. You’ll receive a Ninja Sword (Design) as a reward for completing this request and be able to craft the Ninja Sword I and Hi Ninja Sword.
The Underworld Petalace and Absolute Petalace are given as rewards for completing two new quests: A Blaze Among Beasts and may Fire Quell Fury.
One of the materials required for crafting Layered Armor is Outfit Vouchers. These are rewarded for completing 7-Star Quests that have been added as part of the April Update. Be sure to find out How to Get Outfit Vouchers for a more detailed explanation.
New Upgrades for Your Buddies
The Buddy Smith will use scraps in order to forge gear for your buddies. Scraps are cut-offs that are generated when equipment for your hunter is created. Now, the extra scraps can be used to make gear for your buddies instead! Monster materials can also be exchanged for scraps.
In addition to this, the level cap for Palicoes and Palamutes has also increased and is now raised to level 50.
Added System Elements
The April Version 2.0 Update for Monster Hunter Rise also sees the introduction of some new system elements.
- New Guild Card awards are available.
- You will now be able to change the appearance of your Hunter from the Character Select Menu.
- A Character Editor Voucher will be required to change the appearance of your Hunter. These can be purchased from the Nintendo eShop.