Wild scenes in Sydney’s inner-west as a bus EXPLODES in front of shocked onlookers – as firefighters desperately try to tame the raging blaze
- A bus caught fire on a busy road in Sydney’s inner west on Monday evening
- Plumes of smoke were sent billowing into the air after the blaze broke out
- Firefighters raced to the scene and desperately tried to extinguish the blaze
A bus has exploded into a ball of flames during peak hour on a busy Sydney road.
The bus caught fire on Broadway near the Glebe Point Road intersection in Glebe in the city’s inner west on Monday evening.
Emergency services were called to the scene just before 6pm with firefighters desperately trying to tame the raging blaze.
A bus exploded into a ball of flames on Broadway in Sydney’s inner west on Monday evening
Firefighters raced to the scene just before 6pm on Monday and desperately tried to tame the blaze
Witnesses watched on in horror as the fire engulfed the bus.
Onlookers reported hearing loud popping noises as the tyres on the bus exploded.
Three passengers and the driver were reportedly on the bus at the time but no injuries were reported.
‘Through the quick action of the bus driver, all of the passengers and the driver themselves were evacuated off the bus so firefighters could concentrate on extinguishing the fire,’ a Fire and Rescue NSW spokesperson told Daily Mail Australia.
The front of the bus was reduced to a metal shell by the time firefighters were able to extinguish the blaze.
Motorists are advised to avoid the area until the scene is cleared.
More to come.
Plumes of smoke were sent billowing into the air after the bus caught fire