Season 6 of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare has arrived, bringing with it a new fast-travel system for Warzone as well as new operators, cosmetics, multiplayer maps and modes and so much more.
You can check out the full Season 6 patch notes over on the Call of Duty blog, but we’ve also pinned down all of the key changes below. The update is 19.3 GB on PS4, 22.66 GB on Xbox One and 57 GB / 25.5 GB on PC depending on whether you own Modern Warfare or just Warzone.
[widget path=”global/article/imagegallery” parameters=”albumSlug=call-of-duty-warzone-season-6-images&captions=true”]
Warzone Season 6 – Map Changes
- Subway Fast Travel: A metro has been added to Verdansk, described as a “dynamic fast travel system” that allows players to jump between existing points of interest. A number of Metro stations have been placed in the map which squads can investigate to find items and catch trains to move around the map. Safety standards dictate that the cars will not transport players to stations outside of the safe zone, and they also won’t move if there is conflict on board. Activision notes that these new underground areas are “prime spots for ambushes.”
Warzone Season 6 – New Mode, Weapons and War Tracks
- Armored Royale Mode: This new Warzone game mode outfits every team with a turret-toting armoured cargo truck. If the truck is destroyed, the team cannot respawn, and the last team standing wins, truck or no truck.
- New Weapon Pickups: The supply crate weapon rotation has once again been changed. This time around players will see “a combination of familiar armaments and new blueprints,” including six Common, 10 Uncommon, 13 Rare, 18 Epic and 24 Legendary variants to discover.
- Licensed War Tracks: New licensed War Tracks can be picked up as free tiers in the new battle pass, including Jack Harlow’s “WHATS POPPIN” and “Grindin” by Clipse.
Multiplayer Season 6 – New Maps
- Station (Gunfight Map): Abandoned military cargo trains litter this “rural Kastovia train station” which players can clamber on top of and hide between, bringing new verticality to Gunfight.
- Broadcast (6v6 Map): Based on the TV station in the ‘Charlie Don’t Surf’ mission from 2007’s Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, this new map caters to CQB play with its many tight corridors.
- Tank Factory (6v6 and 10v10 Map): This new map will change depending on the size of the lobby, with two large buildings, a tank factory and a warehouse, available for players to battle through.
- Verdansk Riverside (Ground War Map): This suburb near the frozen Gora River has been brought to Modern Warfare multiplayer for the first time.
Multiplayer Season 6 – New Modes and Challenges
- Killstreak Confirmed Mode: This spin on the popular Kill Confirmed mode makes it so that you can earn killstreaks by collecting dog tags.
- Gun Game TDM Mode: This new mode is a Team Deathmatch spin on Gun Game, where your weapon cycles after every kill, as two teams battle to reach the target score.
- Headquarters Firefight Mode: This spin on Headquarters makes it so enemy respawns are disabled when Headquarters are captured, doling out points for holding the objective.
- Hardpoint Hills and Kills Mode: Similarly, this spin on Hardpoint provides team score to players who hold objectives, as well as wiping out enemies.
- Trials and Officer Challenge Ribbons: Nine trials have been added with Season Six, including a Juggernaut Trial, Quad/ Helicopter Races and Free Roam side missions. New Officer Challenge ribbons have also been brought to the game to help players rank up.
Season 6 Battle Pass
- Instant Unlocks: Upon purchase of the new Battle Pass you’ll get access to the Farah Operator, a character from Modern Warfare’s campaign. You’ll also get an XP Boost, the “Poloski” skin for Minotaur and the “Gilded Arm” assault rifle blueprint.
- New Weapons: Players will unlock the bolt-action SP-R208 marksman rifle at Tier 15, and the 9×39 suppressed AS-VAL assault rifle at Tier 31.
- New Unlocks: Other unlocks in the Battle Pass include skins for Gaz, Domino and Bale, a screwdrivers Combat Knife blueprint and numerous vehicle skins. There’s also Edward, a pet bat finishing move that explodes the enemy’s head.
- Tier 100 Unlocks: At Tier 100 you’ll unlock the Nikolai Operator, a VSS rifle blueprint, a Halloween-themed vehicle skin and a Season 6 emblem.
Season 6 Zombie Bundle
- Undead Forces: A new store bundle has also been brought to the game, including a Hellhound finishing move, a Syd skin and a mini zombie charm.
You can see a roadmap for further Season 6 updates below: