The chewing diet is one of the diets used to lose weight and overcome obesity, by adhering to some tips when eating your meals throughout the day, especially as it has been found that people who eat quickly gain weight more than those who eat slowly.
And a report published in Healthline revealed that people who eat fast food are up to 115% more likely to develop obesity than those who eat slower, because eating slowly helps you eat less, and makes you control your appetite. hunger hormones It greatly affects your appetite.
This diet relies on a few steps, the most important of which are the following:
1. When you eat and chew food well, your gut suppresses a hormone called ghrelin, which controls hunger, while also releasing satiety hormones. These hormones tell your brain that you have eaten, reduce appetite, make you feel full and help you stop eating. This process takes about 20 minutes, so slowing down gives your brain the time it needs to receive these signals.
2. Eating slowly can increase the satiety hormones, while eating too quickly often leads to overeating, as your brain does not have enough time to receive the signals of satiety.
3. Eating slowly has been shown to reduce the amount of food consumed during a meal due to an increase in satiety hormones.
4. Eating slowly and chewing well can reduce calorie intake, and this automatic decrease in calorie intake leads to weight loss over time, with an average calorie reduction of 9.5% when people chew 1.5 times more than usual and about 15% When they chew twice the usual amount.
5. Experts set a certain duration for good chewing. There must be a limit to the amount of chewing that you can do and enjoy a meal. Each bite must be chewed for at least 30 seconds.