Those who reside in Perth and Peel region will be locked down until Tuesday morning, with Anzac Day dawn services on Sunday cancelled.
Pubs and restaurants across the state can only supply take away food, and residents can only leave home for essential reasons such as exercise and medical care, including vaccinations.
Private gatherings are banned, gyms and nightclubs are closed but weddings and funerals are allowed to go ahead with 100 guests wearing masks.
The lockdown also affects those in other states, with Victoria, New South Wales, Queensland, the Northern Territory and South Australia all bringing in new rules for arrivals from Perth or Western Australia.
Residents in Perth (pictured) waiting to get tested for Covid after news of the three-day lockdown from midnight at Friday
Southlands Shopping Centre is among the Perth venues visited by a positive Covid case
Melbourne Airport- Terminal 1 was declared a tier two exposure site on Friday
The state was plunged into lockdown after a man infected with Covid visited multiple locations in Perth earlier this week before flying to Victoria.
He spent time with family in Kardinya soon after leaving hotel quarantine, before visiting Subiaco and Northbridge, in the state’s south, according to Perth Now.
The man also attended venues in suburbs including Canning Vale, Applecross, Crawley and Mt Pleasant during his action-packed stay.
WA Premier Mark McGowan has advised people to get tested if they are displaying symptoms.
‘I want to remind everyone that if you are unwell, more than ever, stay home and get tested if you are symptomatic,’ the premier said.
‘Our testing clinics are open and vaccinations will continue over the three-day lockdown period.’
FULL LIST OF PERTH LOCATIONS VISITED BY POSITIVE CASE
– Canning Vale: Star Family Medicine Practice 23/04/2021 9:00am – 11:00am
– Kardinya: Terry White Chemmart 22/04/2021 7:10pm – 8:30pm
– Applecross: DB Dental 22/04/2021 8:00am – 6:00pm
– Crawley: St Catherine’s on Park (Heim building) 18/04/2021 – 21/04/2021
– Booragoon: Leisurefit Aquatic Centre 21/04/2021 5:30pm – 7:30pm
– Willetton: Southlands Shopping Centre (specifically: Gilbert’s Fresh Markets, Coles, BankWest 21/04/2021 3:00pm – 3:30pm
– QANTAS domestic terminal (T3 – T4) 21/04/2021 11:00am – 1:00pm
– Crawley: St Catherine’s on Park (Heim building) – Dining Hall 21/04/2021 7:00am – 9:00am
– Northbridge: City China Garden 20/04/2021 5:00pm – 8:00pm
– Northbridge: Good Fortune Roast Duck House 19/04/2021 5:00pm – 8:00pm
– Subiaco: Fortune Acupuncture Chinese Medical Clinic 19/04/2021 1:30pm – 3:00pm
– Kardinya: Kitchen Inn (takeaway) 19/04/2021 12:00pm – 1:00pm
– Applecross: Little Horn Espresso 19/04/2021 11:00am – 12:00pm
– Crawley: St Catherine’s on Park (Heim building) – Dining Hall 19/04/2021 7:00am – 9:00am
– Northbridge: Fortune Five Chinese Restaurant 18/04/2021 5:30pm – 7:00pm
– Kardinya: Aldi 18/04/2021 1:30pm – 3:00pm
– Kardinya: Kitchen Inn 18/04/2021 12:00pm – 2:00pm
– Mount Pleasant: Brentwood Deli 18/04/2021 8:30am – 9:30am
– East Victoria Park: Bananabro 17/04/2021 5:30pm – 8:00pm
– Booragoon: Leisurefit Aquatic centre 17/04/2021 3:30pm – 6:00pm
Following the outbreak in Perth, all flights between New Zealand and Western Australia are now on hold
After the man travelled to Melbourne mid-week, there are fears the state could be plunged into yet another lockdown.
He arrived at the airport in Tullamarine on Wednesday evening on Qantas flight QF778 after being in close contact with a man who was infected with coronavirus in Perth.
The man acquired the virus after serving hotel quarantine in Perth’s Mercure Hotel, in an adjacent room to someone who was positive.
Anyone on the flight from Perth must get tested immediately and quarantine for 14 days, while anyone at the airport terminal must get tested and isolate until receiving a negative result.
The infected traveller has been placed in hotel quarantine and is currently asymptomatic.
The man becomes the second person to acquire coronavirus from another serving hotel quarantine after a Perth man caught the virus from a person at the same hotel then infected his friend.
VICTORIAN EXPOSURE SITES
SITE: Qantas flight QF778 – Perth to Melbourne
EXPOSURE DATE: 21 April 2021
ADVICE: Tier 1 – Get tested immediately and quarantine for 14 days from exposure
SITE: Melbourne Airport- Terminal 1
DATE: 21 April 2021 7:00pm-7:30pm
ADVICE: Tier 2 – Get tested urgently and isolate until you have a negative result
Interstate, a number of measures were quickly put in place following news of the lockdown in Perth and Peel.
Victorian authorities are contact-tracing passengers and anyone who has returned to WA will be required to self-quarantine for 14 days.
NSW Health said it would commence screening of flights from Perth to identify any passengers who may have attended exposure sites in WA.
Queensland will require anyone who has been in Perth or Peel since April 17 to comply with the requirements of the WA lockdown.
The NT has declared Perth and the Peel region Covid-19 hotspots, while South Australia are also contracting passengers from Perth.
ACT Health have asked any visitors from WA to get tested immediately if they start displaying symptoms.
Following the outbreak in Perth, all flights between New Zealand and Western Australia are now on hold.
New Zealand Covid Response Minister Chris Hipkins said any Kiwis affected should follow the advice of Western Australian authorities.
‘As set out in our trans-Tasman bubble protocols, travel between New Zealand and Western Australia has been paused, pending further advice from the state government,’ he said.
‘New Zealand health officials are in contact with their Australian counterparts and are completing a risk assessment.’
Anyone displaying possible symptoms for Covid is encouraged to get tested at clinics across Perth, which will all be open across the three day lockdown (stock image)
WESTERN AUSTRALIA’S LOCKDOWN RULES EXPLAINED
* Perth Metropolitan and Peel regions have entered a three-day lockdown from midnight on Friday.
* People must stay at home unless shopping for essential supplies such as groceries, attending to medical or healthcare needs, exercising with one other person for up to an hour in your neighbourhood, or attending work if working remotely is not possible.
* No visitors allowed in homes unless caring for a vulnerable person or in an emergency.
* Masks to be worn at all times outside of home, including at work, on public transport and while doing non-vigorous exercise.
* Anzac Day dawn services to be cancelled, with people instead encouraged to stand at the end of their driveways.
* Casinos, nightclubs, entertainment venues and public venues all required to close.
* Community sport not permitted. No crowds at professional sporting events.
* Restaurants, cafes, pubs and bars to provide takeaway service only.
* Weddings and funerals permitted with a limit of 100 attendees.
* People should not leave the combined Perth and Peel regions during this period.
* Others can enter those regions only to access or deliver essential health and emergency services, or other essential needs.
* No visitors to hospitals, residential aged care or disability facilities unless there are exceptional circumstances.