‘Tyson Fury is a w***** and a disgrace to British boxing’: Dillian Whyte SLAMS the Gypsy King after he was seen out in public in Las Vegas less than a week after testing positive for Covid which delayed Deontay Wilder trilogy fight
- Tyson Fury had to delay his Deontay Wilder fight after testing positive for Covid
- The Wilder trilogy fight was called off on July 8 after an outbreak in Fury’s camp
- But the Gypsy King was spotted in several Las Vegas locations on Wednesday
- Dillian Whyte has called Fury a ‘w*****’ and a ‘disgrace to British boxing’
- The Brixton fighter could now take Fury’s place in the July 24 bout with Wilder
Fury had to postpone his July 24 bout with Deontay Wilder to October 9 after it was revealed a coronavirus outbreak had emerged in his camp, with the 32-year-old himself testing positive.
The trilogy fight was postponed on July 8 when the outbreak was revealed but Fury was seen at Royal Exotic Cars Shop in Las Vegas, then a casino on July 14. It is not known when Fury first tested positive for the virus.
Dillian Whyte called heavyweight rival Tyson Fury a ‘w*****’ after he was seen in public in Las Vegas just a week after the Gypsy King tested positive for Covid
Fury angered fans by appearing in public in Las Vegas at a casino (left) and car dealer (right)
Fury has come under intense scrutiny as many believe he should still be in self-isolation, with Whyte – who could replace Fury in the fight with Wilder later this month – the latest to condemn the Morecambe-born fighter’s actions.
Whyte told The Sun: ‘Tyson Fury is a w****r and a disgrace to British boxing if he has caught Covid-19 and gone around Las Vegas mixing with fans after cancelling the Deontay Wilder fight.
‘He talks s**t because when you have Covid-19 you are sick and you have to quarantine and instead he is walking around smiling, mixing and taking photos with people.
Fury (right) postponed his July 24 trilogy fight with Deontay Wilder (left) after his diagnosis
‘Either he has got it or he hasn’t – they said his mate and sparring partner Joseph Parker had it and the next minute he’s out at a UFC fight denying it.’
Fury’s clash with Wilder is the second fight in 2021 involving the Gypsy King to be postponed after his contest with Anthony Joshua was pushed back when an arbitration court ruled he needed to take on Wilder for a third time.
But the long wait for the all-British unification clash – that would bring all five heavyweight belts together – is set to go on with the mandatory trilogy fight with Wilder now rearranged for October 9.
Matchroom promoter Eddie Hearn confirmed earlier this month that Whyte is ready to step in to take on Wilder even though he is scheduled to take on an unknown opponent at the end of August.
Whyte (left) could step in to take Fury’s place in the July 24 showdown against Wilder
Whyte has also accused Fury of using Covid as an excuse to pull out of fights, branding the Gypsy King as ‘irresponsible’.
The Brixton-based boxer added: ‘There are videos and photos of him out and about, happy as Larry, just like he was when the Anthony Joshua fight got cancelled.
‘The biggest fight in British boxing history was cancelled and he was laughing and joking about it. It is exactly the same now the Wilder fight has been cancelled because of him apparently having Covid.
‘Loads of boxers are using Covid as an excuse to pull-out of fights or as a back-up excuse if they lose. These guys are irresponsible if they are using Covid when it is killing people and devastating families all over the world.’
Fury is said to be ‘really frustrated’ by the postponement of the third Wilder fight
Fury’s team claimed he was actually ‘frustrated’ by his Covid diagnosis and the postponement of the Wilder fight, with the Morecambe-born boxer now facing the prospect of nearly two years out of the ring.
‘Unfortunately, they in the camp and himself got tested positive for Covid,’ promoter Frank Warren told BT Sport last week.
‘There’s nothing we can do about it. It’s the times we live in, so the fight is postponed. Pushed back.
‘Very frustrating. Really frustrating for Tyson. By the time he gets into the ring, he will have been out for nearly 20 months. That’s a long, long time.’
The rearranged contest between Fury (left) and Wilder (right) has been set for October 9
Meanwhile, Fury’s other promoter Bob Arum confirmed that the 32-year-old rejected a second Covid vaccine when he was eligible to get one, as he did not want to get any after-sickness so close to the fight.
‘He got vaccinated in Miami. He got the first shot,’ Arum explained to Boxing Scene.
‘And then he said he didn’t wanna get the second shot because he didn’t wanna get sick [from the vaccination] so close to the fight. So, he got Covid instead.
‘I knew he had one shot, and I was hoping it was Johnson & Johnson. But it wasn’t. It was Moderna.’
Wilder, meanwhile, reacted with anger to Fury’s Covid diagnosis, telling his manager Shelly Finkel: ‘Again now, he did wrong and I’m the one being penalised.’