This is the moment a can of ‘sanitiser’ exploded into a ‘fireball’ and blew the windows off a mother’s house.
Samantha Drury, 34, was using the Fabulosa spray on her living room radiator when the aerosol can burst into flames.
Three CCTV cameras captured the moment the blast caused £6,000 in damage and set fire to the sofa and carpet at the house in Hull, East Yorkshire,
The mother-of-one said her radiator was turned off at the time, and that she believed the fireball was caused by dust particles ‘creating friction’.
It comes just weeks after another woman posted a similar picture of her blown-out windows after her can of Fabulosa exploded.
She had been following a viral TikTok video encouraging people to use the spray as a ‘hack’ for cleaning dust from radiators.
Fabulosa warned users to keep their ‘extremely flammable’ spray away from sources of heat but say their product is otherwise safe.
Samantha Drury, 34, was using the Fabulosa spray to clean her living room when an inferno erupted and blew out the glass in the front window of her home in Hull, East Yorkshire
Three CCTV cameras captured the moment the sudden explosion caused £6,000 in damage and set fire to the sofa and carpet. Pictured, the spray is held in front of carnage it created
‘Massive fireball explosion’: Another woman’s window is blown out after using Fabulosa
Another woman has taken to social media to warn others against using a cleaning spray near a radiator after it smashed her window.
Photographs showed a blown out window after the Fabulosa Air Freshener and Santiser cleaning spray caused a ‘massive fireball explosion’.
The woman wrote: ‘Warning. If you’re thinking of using the Shock can to clean your radiators. DON’T. I did this today and some how a massive fireball explosion happened resulting in my windows being blown out and both my ankles burnt.’
It comes after a viral TikTok video encouraged cleaners to use the spray to remove dust from radiators.
Photographs showed a blown out window
Ms Drury said: ‘It was an unbelievable experience that you never expect to happen.
‘I was just cleaning around the living room. I used it on the window, windowsill and then on the radiator, which was switched off.
‘I’d pulled the sofa out to get to the window then all of a sudden it created a fireball.’
Luckily, Samantha only suffered minor burns but the explosion caused £6,000 of damage after smashing through the window and burning the sofa and carpet.
She said her son was standing behind her and the sofa shielded them both from the brunt of the flames.
She said: ‘My son was behind me and his clothes were damaged as well. I was stood behind the sofa so I think that saved me.
‘Thank God the window blew outwards or I dread to think what would have happened.’
She blamed the explosion on the ‘highly flammable’ spray mixing with dust to cause friction.
The spray should be kept away from heat sources, but Ms Drury claimed her radiator was turned off at the time.
‘Looking back, we think it happened because it’s highly flammable and it mixed with dust, it caused friction and the fire evolved from there. It just came up like a wave over me.
‘People online were and are still recommending using the spray on radiators and people need to know that it’s not safe.
‘Luckily, everything that was damaged is replaceable but God forbid one day it could kill someone.
‘Never in a million years would you expect that to happen.’
In a Facebook post about the incident she added: ‘The radiator near by was not on, there were no candles lit in the house, my sockets were not affected and electric did not trip out. Everything happened so quickly and could have been a lot worse.’
Luckily, Samantha only suffered minor burns but the explosion caused £6,000 of damage after smashing through the window and burning the sofa and carpet
Samantha said her son was stood behind her and the sofa shielded them both from the brunt of the flames. Pictured, the blast
Damage to the sofa is pictured. Samantha said she blamed the explosion on the ‘highly flammable’ spray mixing with dust to cause friction
Fragments of shattered glass were left on the drive way and Samantha’s son’s clothing was singed. Pictured, the sofa and window ledge have been removed from the house
The Fabulosa air freshener packaging says it is a ‘concentrated disinfectant’ which can be used as for ‘long lasting freshness’ in homes, vehicles and clothes.
A spokesperson for Fabulosa said: ‘Our customer’s health and safety is of utmost importance to us and we take any reported incidents seriously.
‘We have contacted the customers concerned so we can investigate.
‘Fabulosa and its packaging is fully compliant with all safety regulations on how to safely use them and any associated risks.
‘In line with this, our Shock Can states quite clearly that it is extremely flammable and it should therefore be kept away from heat and all sources of ignition.’