Former Barcelona boss Quique Setien reveals he STILL hasn’t received any compensation nearly four months after being sacked – and claims club chiefs haven’t EVER called him about his dismissal as legal action continues
- Ex-Barcelona boss Quique Setien has still not been compensated by the club
- Setien was sacked following the 8-2 defeat by Bayern Munich in August
- But the 62-year-old claims they have still not called him about his dismissal
- The manager announced that he was taking legal action in September
Quique Setien says he is still waiting to be paid compensation by Barcelona after he was sacked in August.
Setien announced that he was taking legal action in September after claiming he was officially informed of his sacking a month after he had been relieved of his duties.
Quique Setien has revealed he still hasn’t received any compensation from Barcelona
Ronald Koeman (right) was appointed as Setien’s successor days after his sacking in August
Now, the manager has told COPE presenter Juanma Castano that he has still not received any compensation from the Catalans, despite the lawsuit being filed more than a month ago.
‘Barca have not compensated me, nor have they offered me anything,’ he said.
‘They have not even called me to tell me that I am dismissed.’
A statement from the coach in September claimed there had been ‘absolute silence’ from the club over the dismissal of him and his three assistants – Eder Sarabia, Fran Soto and Jon Pascua.
The manager claims no one has since phoned him to discuss his dismissal in August
The manager said he was taking legal action in an explosive statement released in September
However, COPE report that his assistants have now reached an agreement with the LaLiga side, but were all on the payroll until November 6.
Barcelona’s financial troubles have been well documented with the coronavirus pandemic hugely affecting the club’s income.
Latest figures showed the club had made an £88m loss and had racked up a net debt that had doubled to £440m, as of June 2020.
On Friday the LaLiga side confirmed they had reached an agreement in principle with their players to implement wage cuts which will save them a staggering £109m.
Since Setien’s departure and Koeman’s appointment, Josep Bartomeu has left his post as Barcelona president and elections to appoint a successor are due to take place in January.