Bone broth is a rich, clear liquid made by boiling animal bones in water for a few hours. Because it’s packed with nutrients, bone broth may offer a variety of potential health benefits due to its protein, collagen, and other nutrients, according to a report on the website. insider.
How bone broth works
- Choose the bones of any animal such as chicken or cow for maximum health benefits.
- Place the bones in a large pot of water and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add a few teaspoons of an acidic ingredient like apple cider vinegar or lemon to it, which helps break down collagen in the bones.
- Add vegetables like onions, carrots, and leeks as well as spices like cloves and anise to the pot.
- For extra flavor and nutrients like vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
- Let the broth simmer on the stove for three to four hours, occasionally peeling off any foam that rises to the top.
- Remove the bones but leave the meat and vegetables in the broth for a more filling and balanced meal.
Benefits of bone broth and how much you should drink
High in protein
Bone broth is a rich source of amino acids, which are the building blocks of proteins.
One cup of chicken bone broth contains 9 grams of protein, while one cup of beef bone broth provides 11 grams of protein, so your body easily absorbs the amino acids in bone broth to help build muscle, tissue and bones..
Improves the health of hair, skin and nails
Bone broth also contains collagen, which is the main protein in skeletal and connective tissues such as skin, bones, muscles, tendons, and ligaments. Its fibrous structure gives these parts of the body their shape, strength, and flexibility..
The collagen in bone broth can strengthen your hair, skin, and nails. Bone broth may be especially beneficial for pregnant women, as it can help maintain skin elasticity during pregnancy, while your skin is stretching and growing..
Protects bones and joints
The collagen in bone broth also protects joints from age-related deterioration. Therefore, bone broth may be beneficial for people with bone and joint diseases such as osteoporosis. Bone broth contains calcium, a mineral known to maintain strong bones and prevent bone loss as we age. in age.
Helps with digestive problems
Bone broth is a rich source of glutamine, an amino acid that improves digestion and gut health