A few months ago I wrote an article about how to sell on Amazonits direct competitor is Free market. Both e-commerce have become a very good option to sell safely over the internet. Unlike many other businesses, the arrival of the Covid-19 confinement increased their sales.
Mercado Libre, like many other technology giants, began as an entrepreneurial project, inside a garage in Buenos Aires, Argentina. In 1999, Marcos Galperin, co-founder and current president of the company, was studying a master’s degree at Stanford University, United States, financed by the company where he worked: Yacimientos Petroliferos Fiscales. When it was acquired by Repsol and Marcos lost his job, he decided to found Mercado Libre.
Was the August 2, 1999 date on which Mercado Libre was born. In 2007, it became the first Latin American company to be listed on the NASDAQ. Today they operate in 18 Latin American countries (including Venezuela).
Steps to start selling in Mercado Libre
1. Create an account. Within the site https://www.mercadolibre.com.mx/ using an email and a password. This step is used both to buy and to sell.
2. Post ads. In the upper right corner of the home screen, there are the details of each person’s profile. In that menu you will find the “Sell” option. The categories are: products, vehicles, real estate and services.
3. Answer questions and comments. This step is important because potential customers feel cared for, it facilitates the sale and gets happy buyers.
4. Logistics. In the case of products, Mercado Libre has the courier infrastructure to deliver anywhere in Mexico. The seller just needs to take them to a shipping location.
5. Payment. The money received for the transaction is deposited in a Mercado Pago account, from there it can be transferred to a bank within 48 hours.
How much does Mercado Libre charge to sell on its platform?
Unlike Amazon, Mercado Libre does not charge a monthly subscription, only percentages for each sale made.
Las fees you charge will depend on the type of publication and the product or service offered. For publications called classic, the percentage will be from 8% to 16%, according to the category. In the case of advertisements premium, which offer the client months without interest, the charge will be from 12.5% to 20.5%, also depending on their category. On products whose selling price is less than $299, you pay $25 per unit.
Although it is possible to publish an ad without paying anything to MercadoLibre, in case a sale is achieved, it is not recommended since the ads will have very little exposure in the search results within the site and have a permanence of only 60 days.
For those companies that wish to enter the electronic commerce, both Amazon and Mercado Libre can represent an easy gateway and thus expand your sales. It is not necessary to have an online store, since these platforms play the role of a distributor.
hartford car insurance shop car insurance best car insurance quotes best online car insurance get auto insurance quotes auto insurance quotes most affordable car insurance car insurance providers car insurance best deals best insurance quotes get car insurance online best comprehensive car insurance best cheap auto insurance auto policy switching car insurance car insurance quotes auto insurance best affordable car insurance online auto insurance quotes az auto insurance commercial auto insurance instant car insurance buy car insurance online best auto insurance companies best car insurance policy best auto insurance vehicle insurance quotes aaa insurance quote auto and home insurance quotes car insurance search best and cheapest car insurance best price car insurance best vehicle insurance aaa car insurance quote find cheap car insurance new car insurance quote auto insurance companies get car insurance quotes best cheap car insurance car insurance policy online new car insurance policy get car insurance car insurance company best cheap insurance car insurance online quote car insurance finder comprehensive insurance quote car insurance quotes near me get insurance