Creative mum wows hundreds as she shares how she styled her dream home using budget buys and crafty décor tricks
- A Melbourne mum has shared how she created her dreamy home on a budget
- The home stylist mixed investment pieces with budget buys to style her home
- She bought many of her trendy homewares from Kmart, Amart and Target
- The mum also revealed some of the cheap, easy DIY she used around the house
A Melbourne woman has impressed hundreds after showcasing her dreamy home decked out with ultra stylish décor and furniture.
Suzan’s home may look like it’s been taken out of the pages of a high-end magazine however she bought many of her pieces on a budget from retailers such as Kmart, Target, Amart as well as Facebook Marketplace.
The creative mum is building up a following on social media with her page Style My Home for posting images of her chic, monochromatic house and offering budget styling tips and tricks.
Creative mum, Suzan, from Melbourne, had drawn in hundreds of ‘likes’ and comments on social media after showcasing her dreamy home she decorated herself with budget buys
Suzan’s home may looks like it been taken out of the pages of a high-end magazine however she bought many of her pieces on a budget from retailers such as Kmart and Amart
The boucle bed frame in the bedroom Suzan bought from Adairs for $489.99 while the travertine bedside tables were homemade out of slabs from Bunnings
Suzan shared her home improvements to the popular Facebook group Kmart Inspired Homes exciting thousands of members who were keen to know where she bought many of her affordable items from.
In the living room, Suzan splurged on the $1,915 Ossa Oval coffee table from Globewest, as well as a $3,000 Abbottsford modular couch from Focus on Furniture.
However, she paired the investment pieces with more modestly priced items like the two $449 black buffet tables from Amart she added a touch of class to by adding Kmart’s $9.50 gold half-moon handles.
Suzan said the sourced the artworks on the walls from Facebook marketplace while all the decorative couch cushions are from Adairs.
In the dining room, atop the $349 Hensley white buffet table sits the Ember Table Lamp from Big W for $40 as well as two circle cut out vases from Kmart for $15 each
In the living room, Suzan splurged on the $1,915 Ossa Oval coffee table from Globewest and paired it with two $449 black buffet tables from Amart she added $9.50 Kmart gold handles to
Her daughters’ quaint shared bedroom features two single beds with mosquito nets, wall stickers, personalised wicker signs, bedding from Harris Scarf and a rattan table from Kmart
A tall arched mirror leans on the wall which Suzan said she got from Kmart and added some terrazzo vinyl, which can be bought from Kmart for just $3.75 a roll, to the frame to make it match the rest of the room.
In the dining room, atop the $349 Hensley white buffet table sits the Ember Table Lamp from Big W for $40 as well as two circle cut out vases from Kmart for $15 each.
Suzan sourced the round patterned rug from Facebook Marketplace while she found the table and chairs from various furniture warehouses in Melbourne.
Even the laundry storage was stylish with co-ordinating towels and baskets as well as jars to store laundry detergents and powder all on a shelf from Target
How to make an elegant stone side table for less than $60
- 3 x Travertine pavers (I used these and they were 600mm x 400mm x 30mm – or 24 inches x 16inches x 1 inch)
- Selleys Hold Up Glue
- Lift up the first paver onto the short edge, and apply glue along the long edge, perpendicular to the floor.
- Lift the second paver and press it onto the glue, making sure that it is well centred onto the first paver. Also, check to make sure that both pavers are completely flush with the floor and have good contact. If they don’t or seem to be cut slightly out of line, consider flipping them so that the straightest edge is flush with the floor with good contact.
- Apply glue to top edge of the T that is formed by the first two pavers. Add a decent amount of glue to ensure a good hold.
- Lift up the third paver and place it on top of the first two. Make sure that the top is sitting in the middle of the base, I made sure that there was the same amount of distance from from both sides of the base.
- The glue remains flexible for around 15 minutes after you put it together, so you may want to use some tape to hold it together if you find it is sliding around (I didn’t need to do this but some people have said they did). Then, let the glue dry for 48 hours before moving it or disturbing it.
Source: Geneva Vanderzeil
She said the vase on dining table, books, candle display, black structure ring, light shades above dining table were also all from Kmart.
The trendy curved boucle bed frame in the main bedroom Suzan said she bought from Adairs for $489.99 while the travertine bedside tables were homemade out of slabs from Bunnings and the wall lights are from Kmart.
Her daughters’ quaint shared bedroom features two single beds with mosquito nets, wall stickers, personalised wicker signs, bedding from Harris Scarf and a rattan table from Kmart.
Even the laundry storage was stylish with co-ordinating towels and baskets as well as jars to store laundry detergents and powder all on a shelf from Target.
For the latest headlines, follow our Google News channel
hartford car insurance shop car insurance best car insurance quotes best online car insurance get auto insurance quotes auto insurance quotes most affordable car insurance car insurance providers car insurance best deals best insurance quotes get car insurance online best comprehensive car insurance best cheap auto insurance auto policy switching car insurance car insurance quotes auto insurance best affordable car insurance online auto insurance quotes az auto insurance commercial auto insurance instant car insurance buy car insurance online best auto insurance companies best car insurance policy best auto insurance vehicle insurance quotes aaa insurance quote auto and home insurance quotes car insurance search best and cheapest car insurance best price car insurance best vehicle insurance aaa car insurance quote find cheap car insurance new car insurance quote auto insurance companies get car insurance quotes best cheap car insurance car insurance policy online new car insurance policy get car insurance car insurance company best cheap insurance car insurance online quote car insurance finder comprehensive insurance quote car insurance quotes near me get insurance