In a strange incident of its kind, an American man woke up to find that his memory had erased everything he had experienced during the past 20 years, to forget everything that had happened to him since the beginning of the nineties, including his marriage and the birth of his daughter, in a rare case.
And in July of last year, Daniel Porter got up from bed thinking that the world was still in the nineties, and they were getting ready to go to school, before he noticed a woman next to him whom he thought he had never seen before, as he saw when he looked in the mirror a man older and overweight .
According to the site the sun Not realizing that he had graduated from high school 20 years ago and that the strange woman in his bed was his wife with whom he had given birth to his 10-year-old daughter, the 37-year-old woke up thinking he was still 16, and despite the terrifying shock For both, Porter’s wife manages to comfort him and explain that she is his companion, and that he has not been kidnapped or abused.
Roth said he woke up one morning and had no idea where he was. He was so confused, he thought he had fallen asleep drunk and came back to a house with a woman or had been kidnapped and tried to find an escape route.
The couple received great help from Porter’s parents after moving to their home, so the husband felt safe, despite his still not being able to identify his daughter Libby, and his fear of the family’s two dogs.
Doctors diagnosed him with transient global amnesia, a sudden stop in memory that erases recent life events, often caused by a neurological disorder such as epilepsy or stroke.
Doctors expected that the father would return to his normal life 24 hours after the memory stopped recalling events, but despite the passage of a year after his injury, Porter’s memory was unable to recover 20 years of his life.
Erasing the husband’s memory did not stop when he forgot his family and friends, but he forgot the education he had obtained during the last two decades, so he was forced to quit his job as an audiologist.
Doctors did not know the exact cause of the man’s injury, but they believe that the condition is caused by the pressure and stress that he has been experiencing since January 2020 after he lost his job and had to sell his house and some of his possessions.