The ICT industry in Mexico shows a slowdown in its growth compared to the dynamism shown during 2021, when the sector showed a rapid recovery after the effects of the Covid-19 pandemic in 2020, according to information from the consultancy Select.
The turnover of the business Information and Communication Technologies (TIC) showed an annual growth of 6.6% during the second quarter of 2022. The total income of this sector, including resale, reached 313,690 million pesos in the second quarter of the year.
- This is the lowest growth experienced by the industry since the first quarter of 2021, when it was 3 percent.
- The reduction in the demand for personal computers and other devices, the difficulties that wholesalers have had to move inventories and the increase in the cost of financing IT projects are among the main reasons for this slowdown.
- If the trend continues, the ICT industry in Mexico will grow 8%, a lower percentage than the 8.5% that grew in 2021.
The IT sales and distribution channels were the ones that grew the most during the second quarter of 2022, with an increase of 12%, generating revenues of 106,196 million pesos. However, telecommunications operators maintain the highest level of participation in the ICT market, with a turnover of 301,041 million pesos, which represents an annual growth of 5%, according to Select.
- Device manufacturers recorded revenues of 146.986 million pesos, that is, a growth of around 8%, similar to that of IT service providers, who billed 53.732 million pesos in the second quarter of the year.
- While for operators connectivity is the segment that makes up the majority of their business, for manufacturers and sales channels it is about hardware and for service providers the provision of managed services, although the computing and storage offer in the cloud has shown significant growth in the last three.
- Despite the slowdown in the sector, telecommunications operators continue to invest heavily in 5G technology and in fixed network infrastructure; In addition, many US companies are contracting software development services from Mexico.
hartford car insurance shop car insurance best car insurance quotes best online car insurance get auto insurance quotes auto insurance quotes most affordable car insurance car insurance providers car insurance best deals best insurance quotes get car insurance online best comprehensive car insurance best cheap auto insurance auto policy switching car insurance car insurance quotes auto insurance best affordable car insurance online auto insurance quotes az auto insurance commercial auto insurance instant car insurance buy car insurance online best auto insurance companies best car insurance policy best auto insurance vehicle insurance quotes aaa insurance quote auto and home insurance quotes car insurance search best and cheapest car insurance best price car insurance best vehicle insurance aaa car insurance quote find cheap car insurance new car insurance quote auto insurance companies get car insurance quotes best cheap car insurance car insurance policy online new car insurance policy get car insurance car insurance company best cheap insurance car insurance online quote car insurance finder comprehensive insurance quote car insurance quotes near me get insurance