The Palestinian Red Crescent Society decided not to evacuate its Al-Quds Hospital in the city GazaIt confirmed that the occupation army deliberately fired missiles directly next to the hospital to force the medical staff, displaced people, and patients to leave.
The association’s spokesman, Raed Al-Nims, said, “Our decision is to continue working at the hospital and not evacuate it.” The association explained – in a statement – that the occupation raids caused severe damage to the hospital departments, and exposed families and patients to suffocation.
The Palestinian Red Crescent had previously said that it had received threats from the occupation authorities to evacuate Al-Quds Hospital immediately, amid repeated warnings to hospitals in the Gaza Strip and the targeting of medical centers.
He stated that the vicinity of Al-Quds Hospital has been witnessing, since the early hours of the morning, continuous Israeli raids that led to the destruction of nearby buildings within a 50-meter radius, stressing his refusal to evacuate the hospital, which hosts more than 400 patients, most of whom are women and children, and their condition is dangerous.
The association appealed to the international community to stop the Israeli threats and prevent a catastrophe targeting patients and displaced persons in the hospital, whose number exceeded 14,000, most of whom are children and women, and to publish scenes from inside the hospital after its surroundings were bombed.
Video scenes published by activists on social media platforms also showed the moment the occupation forces bombed the vicinity of Al-Quds Hospital, which was crowded with injured and displaced people, in addition to rising smoke and hearing the sound of explosions in the area populated with civilian homes as well.
14 thousand displaced people
In this context, the director of Al-Quds Hospital in Gaza, Bashar Murad, said that about 14,000 displaced people are inside the hospital, at a time when the Ministry of Health in the Strip warned that the hospital would be targeted after its surroundings were exposed to Israeli bombing following threats to evacuate it.
Bashar confirmed to Al Jazeera that they had received calls demanding the evacuation of the hospital since the morning, and that the Israeli bombing targeted a residential tower near the hospital and caused damage to it, indicating that the bombing of the hospital’s surroundings could lead to an explosion inside it due to the presence of oxygen tanks.
For his part, the head of the government media office in the Gaza Strip, Salama Marouf, warned against repeating the Al-Ahli Hospital massacre. Baptist Which killed hundreds of people, including children.
The Palestinian Ministry of Health in Gaza also issued its warnings to spare the hospital from any harm, saying, “We warn of the occupation’s premeditated intentions to target Al-Quds Hospital after its focus on bombing its surroundings.”
Internationally, the Director General said To the World Health Organization Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus: Reports of threats to evacuate Al-Quds Hospital in Gaza are deeply concerning.
The Israeli occupation forces deliberately continue to launch rockets directly near Al-Quds hospital in #Gaza to force medical staff, displaced individuals, and patients to evacuate the hospital. This has caused significant damage to hospital departments and exposed residents and… pic.twitter.com/Nh3nkeGadp
— PRCS (@PalestineRCS) October 29, 2023
This comes in light of the occupation’s evacuation orders for several hospitals in the Gaza Strip, including its threat of eviction on October 15 to the Kuwaiti Hospital in downtown Rafah, which was rejected by the hospital administration.
Warnings continue against bombing Al-Quds Hospital in Gaza, after the occupation committed a massacre by bombing Al-Baptist Hospital on October 17, which led to the death of more than 500 Palestinians, most of whom were women and children who took the hospital as a safe refuge from Israeli raids.