Cleaning the house may not be the most enjoyable activity of your day, but a few minutes to get rid of germs can go a long way toward keeping your family healthy. Routine cleaning with detergent or soap and water removes dirt from surfaces, and sterilization removes small amounts of germs. Some items and surfaces also require an additional step of disinfection after cleaning to kill germs on surfaces, and although chemical disinfectants and disinfectants are necessary to control infectious diseases, they are potentially dangerous to children, and in the next lines we give you some tips for choosing cleaners And how to store it to keep your child healthy, according to what was published by the site ” healthychildren“.
How to use detergents and disinfectants:
Products must be stored in their original labeled packaging and in places out of reach of children.
Disinfectants and diluted disinfectants should be labeled in spray bottles and stored out of children’s reach.
Disinfectants should not be sprayed when children are nearby to avoid inhalation and exposing the skin and eyes to disease.
Before using any chemical, read the product label and the manufacturer’s Material Safety Data Sheet.
Questions to consider when choosing a disinfectant:
Do you leave residue?
Is it corrosive?
Is it irritating to the skin, eyes or respiratory system?
Is it toxic (by skin absorption, ingestion, or inhalation)?
What is its effective shelf life after dilution?
What is home ovary?
Household bleach (chlorine such as sodium hypochlorite) is effective against most microorganisms, including bacterial spores and can be used as a disinfectant or disinfectant, depending on its concentration..
How to use the ovary:
Household bleach is a 5.25% solution, or 52,500 ppm of sodium hypochlorite.
The “super” form is slightly more concentrated and should be diluted and used in the same way as regular strength bleaches.
High strength industrial bleach solution is not suitable for use in childcare settings.
Can be harmful to some metal, rubber, and plastic materials.
The bleach solution should be left for at least two minutes before wiping it off, and it can be allowed to dry because it does not leave any residue.
Household bleach can be used to disinfect dishes and eating utensils, provided that the concentration of chlorine used in the process is much lower than the concentration of chlorine used to disinfect other things..