Heart attacks are one of the most serious health problems that a person may be exposed to and occur due to the accumulation of plaque in the arteries due to bad cholesterol levels, narrowing blood vessels and high blood pressure, in addition to genetic factors, smoking and diabetes are among the causes of heart attacks, and healthy fats such as ghee and nuts can help reduce the risk of infection heart attack, according to a report by the site time now news.
More recently, genes have also been named as the main cause of heart attacks however, this is all caused by plaque buildup in the arteries due to bad cholesterol levels, narrowing of the blood vessels and high blood pressure.
According to the report, a sedentary lifestyle and unhealthy choices also caused heart problems in 20-30-year-olds.
Ways to maintain the health of the heart and arteries
To reduce the risk of heart attacks at an early age and for years to come, there are some basic tips to prevent plaque buildup in the arteries:
- Add healthy fats to your diet such as: olive oil, almonds, walnuts, fish, and avocados.
- Limit your intake of foods high in unhealthy fats, vegetable oils, processed meats, red meat, and repurposed oils.
- Increase your intake of corn fiber, whole wheat foods, oats, lentils, vegetables and beans.
- Reduce your intake of refined sugar.
- Exercise regularly – 45-60 minutes of brisk walking, swimming, jogging, cardio, aerobics and yoga.
- Quit smoking because it can lead to narrowing of the arteries and thus restricting blood circulation