The perfect Monday night snack: Nutritionist reveals her simple four-ingredient recipe for making oozing cheese-stuffed naan in 30 minutes
- A nutritionist has shared a quick and easy recipe to make cheesy naan bread
- Laura Ford demonstrated the method in a short Instagram video
- You only need four ingredients – flour, cottage cheese, mozzarella and butter
- The naan bread would take no longer than 30 minutes to make from scratch
An Australian nutritionist has revealed her simple four-ingredient recipe to make the ‘cheesiest cheese-stuffed naan bread ever’.
Laura Ford, from Melbourne, shared the quick and easy recipe with her 37,000 Instagram followers and used self-raising flow, cottage cheese, mozzarella cheese and garlic butter to finish.
The naan bread would take no longer than 30 minutes to make from scratch and is a perfect indulgent snack or side dish.
Scroll down for video
Nutritionist Laura Ford (pictured) has revealed her quick and easy way to make cheesy naan bread at home
To make the naan bread, Laura used used self-raising flow, cottage cheese, mozzarella cheese and garlic butter to finish
Laura then rolled the dough out with a rolling pin and placed a sprinkle of cheese on one side. The dough was then folded onto itself
‘Cottage cheese is a great source of protein and helps to create a super delicious dough,’ Laura wrote online.
‘I like to use a blend of cheeses to fill these with as the feta adds a sharp saltiness and the mozzarella adds the creaminess.’
To make the bread, she first combined the flour and cottage cheese together in a mixing bowl then began to knead it out until a smooth dough started to from – which should take no longer than five minutes to do.
The naan bread was then cooked in a pan over medium heat with a drizzle of olive oil before being served with garlic butter
Laura then rolled out the dough with a rolling pin and placed a sprinkle of cheese on one side.
The flat dough was folded onto itself and sealed at the edges before being cooked in a fry pan with olive oil for three minutes on each side.
‘To finish, brush with melted garlic butter,’ Laura wrote.
Since sharing the recipe online the video has been viewed more than 11,000 times and has received positive comments from social media users.
‘Omg I’m obsessed!’ one person wrote, another added: ‘Yes yes and yes I need to make!!’
A third wrote: ‘What a great recipe!’
How to make cheesy naan bread at home
- 200g self raising flour
- 200g cottage cheese
- Mozzarella cheese and feta cheese to stuff (add as much as you like)
- Garlic butter to finish
1. Combine the flour and cottage cheese then knead until it becomes a smooth dough (about 5 minutes)
2. Pinch off a golf ball sized piece of dough then roll out with a rolling pin
3. Lay a sprinkle of the cheeses on top, then fold over and press to seal the edges
4. Heat a small amount of olive oil in a pan then fry for three minutes on each side on medium heat
5. To finish, brush with melted garlic butter
Source: Laura Ford Nutrition