Horror as an elderly man is brutally bashed to death in an early morning attack at a train station
- Elderly man was bashed to death at a suburban train station on Monday morning
- WA Police responded to reports of an assault at Queens Park station in Perth
- The man was rushed to Royal Perth Hospital but later died from his injuries
- Homicide Squad detectives are conducting an investigation into the attack
- WA Police said a man aged in his 50s was assisting with police inquiries
An elderly man has been bashed to death in a horrific early morning attack at a suburban train station.
WA Police were called to investigate the attack at Queens Park train station, in southeast Perth, at about 5.50am on Monday.
The man was rushed to Royal Perth Hospital in an ambulance but later died from his injuries.
An elderly man has died after he was brutally attacked at Queens Park train station (pictured above), in southeast Perth, at about 5.50am on Monday morning
WA Police said they were advised the man had been assaulted.
Homicide Squad detectives are investigating an incident.
‘A man in his 50s is assisting detectives,’ a WA Police spokesman said.
Transperth announced trains between Victoria Park and Armadale had been cancelled as a result of the attack at about 7.15am.
‘Trains on the Armadale Line are cancelled between Victoria Park and Armadale due to an incident, the statement said.
‘Train replacement buses are running between Victoria Park and Armadale.
‘Please allow extra travelling time as replacement buses may not connect with timetabled bus and train services.’
Anyone with any information regarding the attack has been urged to contact Crime Stoppers.
Trains were cancelled on Monday morning (pictured above) because of the attack. WA Police said Homicide Squad detectives were investigating the incident