Baby is ‘taken HOSTAGE and two women are stabbed’ allegedly by a man armed with scissors’ – with police needing Tasers to end the stand-off
- A 27-year-old man has been arrested after tense stand-off at Muswellbrook, NSW
- The man allegedly took a baby hostage with a pair of scissors at 7pm on Tuesday
- Police could finally subdue the man with a Taser when he put the baby girl down
- Inside the home they found two women, 27 and 30, suffering from stab wounds
- Five children were also found at the scene by police, none of them were injured
A baby has been taken hostage and two women stabbed during a stand-off between a man and police at a home in country New South Wales.
The 27-year-old man allegedly stabbed the women – wounding one of them in the eye – inside a home on Pacific Way at Muswellbrook, in the Hunter Valley region, at 7pm on Tuesday.
Officers were called to the home and by the time they arrived the man was standing in the front yard, allegedly armed with a pair of scissors and holding the 11-month-old.
After refusing to release the child, the man eventually put down the girl for a brief moment at which point the officers intervened.
A baby has been taken hostage and two women stabbed during a stand-off between a man and police at a home on Pacific Way (pictured) in Muswellbrook, NSW
The two women, aged 27 and 30, were airlifted to John Hunter Hospital in Newcastle (pictured)
The man was arrested and taken to Muswellbrook Police Station for questioning.
Inside the home police found five children – aged between 11 months and seven – all of who were uninjured.
They also discovered a 30-year-old woman from Macksville who had been stabbed in the eye.
She was airlifted to John Hunter Hospital, in Newcastle, to undergo surgery.
A second woman, 28, was also rushed to hospital where she will undergo surgery for several stab wounds.
More to come