La NBA scoring madness does not stop. Seddiq Bey he added to it by putting 51 points in the triumph of Pistons Over the Magic by 120-134 in the only game of the day. is the eighth time so far in March that the League sees a performance above 50 points, the largest amount in a calendar month in the last 50 seasons. According to ESPN Stats & Information, since December 1962when there were nine 50-point performances, something like that doesn’t happen.
In total there has been 17 games this season in which a player has reached 50 points. bey is the thirteenth who gets it, matching the most in a single season in the NBA. At 22, he is the player youngest to do so in Pistons history. In addition, he added nine rebounds, four assists and three recoveries.
Scores of 50 points in March in the NBA
- Kyrie Irving (Nets): 60 points on Day 15
- Karl-Anthony Towns (Wolves): 60 points on the 14th
- LeBron James (Lakers): 56 points on day 5
- Jayson Tatum (Celtics): 54 points on Day 6
- Kevin Durant (Nets): 53 points on the 13th
- Seddiq Bey (Pistons): 51 points on the 17th
- Kyrie Irving (Nets): 50 points on Day 8
- LeBron James (LeBron): 50 points on day 11
Bey scored 17/27 from the field, including 10/14 triples. His long shots were essential for the Pistons to survive the dominance of the Magic in the paint, in which they scored 64 points to 48 for Detroit. Marvin Bagleywith 20 points and eleven rebounds, supported Bey on the Pistons while Franz Wagnerwith 26 points and five rebounds, was the best of the Magic.
The Pistons are fourteenth in the East (19-51) and rediscovered victory after four consecutive losses. The Magic suffered their third setback in a row and are bottom (18-53).