Another fitness centre is put on high alert with gymgoers told to immediately isolate for two weeks as health authorities scramble to control Northern Beaches coronavirus outbreak before Christmas – as cluster soars to 38
- NSW Health has released four new venues linked to COVID-19 cluster in Sydney
- All the new locations are concentrated within the NSW Northern Beaches
- They include a diner, a cafe, a brewery and a gym inside a shopping centre
- Close and casual contacts are urged to get tested and self isolate immediately
Gym junkies and beer lovers on Sydney’s Northern Beaches have been told to self isolate immediately after new venues were identified as potential hotspots.
Anyone who visited the Sunset Diner at Avalon Beach on Friday December 11 from 6.30pm to 8pm is considered a close contact and must get tested immediately.
They will be required to remain in quarantine for 14 days regardless of their test result.
Cafe Relish at Avalon Beach, Fitness First Mona Vale and 4 Pines Newport have also been revealed as danger zones linked to the COVID-19 cluster.
Patrons to the cafe on December 17 from 10.30am to 11.30am are considered a casual contact.
More to come.
The New South Wales government is urging anyone across Sydney with symptoms to get tested as the Sydney COVID-19 cluster grows (pictured: People queue for testing at Brookvale in Sydney on Saturday)
NEW COVID-19 HOT SPOTS
Anyone who has attended the following venue is considered a close contact and should get tested and isolate for 14 days even if they receive a negative result:
– Sunset Diner, 41 Old Barrenjoey Rd, Avalon Beach: Friday 11 December, 6.30pm – 8pm
Anyone who attended the following venue at the below times is considered a casual contact and should get tested immediately and isolate until they receive a negative result:
– Café Relish, 8/1 N Avalon Rd, Avalon Beach: Thursday 17 December, 10.30am – 11.30am
People who visited the following venues at the below times should get tested immediately and self-isolate until NSW Health provides further information:
– Fitness First Mona Vale, Pittwater Place Shopping Centre, 10 Park Street Mona Vale: Sunday 13 December, 2pm- 4pm and Monday 14 December, 10.30am – 12.30am and Wednesday 16 December, 8.30pm – 10pm
– 4 Pines, Newport, 313 Barrenjoey Rd, Newport: Tuesday 15 December, 6pm – 10pm
Source: NSW Health