Professional cleaner reveals the secret to getting sparkling ‘high gloss’ floors – and avoiding streaks every time
- An Australian professional cleaner has shared how to clean ‘high gloss’ tiles
- Kacie suggested using dishwashing liquid or methylated spirits in hot water
- She doused a flat mop in the water and rang it out before using
- For a polished finish, she suggested mopping the floor in a ‘figure eight pattern’
A professional cleaner who has captured the attention of thousands on TikTok with her expert tips has revealed how to create ‘high gloss’ tiled floors while cleaning.
Kacie doused the mop in the laundry sink filled with hot water and detergent, then rang it out well to ensure it wasn’t dripping wet before being used.
For a polished finish and to prevent spots or streaks, she suggested mopping the floor in a ‘figure eight pattern’.
Scroll down for video
In a TikTok video, Kacie said it’s best to use a capful of dishwashing liquid or methylated spirits in ‘super hot water’ and a flat mop
Kacie doused the mop in the laundry sink filled with hot water and detergent, then ringed it out well to ensure it wasn’t dripping wet before being used
While high gloss tiles look luxurious in the home and are easy to clean, Kacie said these tiles aren’t ideal for those who don’t mop often.
‘Here’s the trick to high gloss tiles. If you’re a low maintenance kind of person, the trick is to rip them up and replace with something else,’ she said.
‘But if you like cleaning all the time, all you need it a little bit of metho or dishwashing liquid, super hot water [and] a flat mop.’
The video has since gone viral and been viewed more than 400,000 times.
Many were amazed by the transformation, though some had further questions to ponder.
‘Can I do this on shiny wooden floors too?’ one person asked, to which Kacie said: ‘Yes! Very little but super hot water is important on those too.’
Others who have high gloss tiles seemed eager to try the simple tip to make the floors sparkle.
What are some of Kacie’s top cleaning secrets?
* Use a non-scratch sponge with Gumption or Bar Keepers Friend to clean soap scum from a shower screen with ease
* Always use a squeegee to remove water and then ‘polish’ or dry the glass with a microfibre cloth for sparkling results
* For sparkling windows use the $37 Sabco window cleaning kit from Bunnings that comes with a 12.5 litre bucket with a lid and handle. Pair it with a microfibre window washer, stainless steel squeegee and a microfibre cloth for the perfect finish
* Dishwashing liquid and water works very well to clean windows
* The #1 Kmart product for cleaning is the 2 piece pack of microfibre glass cleaning cloths – they are hidden in the car section