Mystery continues over the future of the Egyptian star, Mohamed Salah, with Liverpool, and each party adheres to its current position, despite the approaching contract of the English Premier League top scorer.
Italian journalist Fabrizo Romano said that Salah and his agent have no intention of accepting the offer from Liverpool to renew the existing contract.
The famous journalist, with his accurate information on the transfer of players, indicated that talks to renew the contract have been suspended since last December.
Excl: Salah and his agent have no intention to accept current new contract bid from Liverpool. Talks have broken down since December, as things stand 🚨🇪🇬 #LFC
Mo’s priority is to stay – but not at current conditions. Let’s see Liverpool next move.
More: https://t.co/QGTdcXpa79 pic.twitter.com/2cAY6KmmkV
– Fabrizio Romano (@FabrizioRomano) March 11, 2022
Romano explained that the Egyptian star gives priority to continuing with Liverpool, but he refuses to continue with the same terms in his current contract with the team.
Liverpool coach Jurgen Klopp raised doubts about the club’s desire to modify the offer in order to win Salah’s satisfaction, and the German coach said in statements yesterday, Friday, “Salah expects that this club has the necessary ambition, and we can do no more, it is his decision. Everything is fine from On my side, nothing has happened yet, no signing or refusal. We just have to wait and there is no rush.”
Earlier reports confirmed that Salah is demanding an increase in his weekly salary to suit his important role in the team, and to be in the same rank with the most expensive players in the English Premier League.
Salah is the top scorer in the English Premier League with 19 goals so far, and scored 8 other goals in the Champions League.