This is the heart-stopping moment a female student was miraculously rescued from a burning flat by climbing out of a window 90ft above the ground.
The footage, recorded on Saturday January 29, in Moscow, shows how Irina Yerpuleva, 18, was coaxed down from a ninth floor window to the flat below with no safety ropes to escape an inferno.
Toxic black smoke can be seen pouring from the burning apartment.
Timur Zakirov, 20, and Adel Akhmetzyanov, 21, rescue a female student from a burning ninth floor flat in Moscow
Irina Yerpuleva, 18, lowers herself through the eighth floor apartment’s window
Her student boyfriend Timur Zakirov, 20, and another friend Adel Akhmetzyanov, 21, had moments earlier climbed down and been helped into the window by the flat owner.
‘I hesitated until Timur began to shout at me, and this brought me to my senses,’ said Irina, who said he saved her life.
‘I climbed down.
‘They instructed me and told me what to do.’
They grabbed her legs and pulled her into the window on the eighth floor.
‘At that time, I was in a rather strange state.
Irina Yerpuleva, 18, said: ‘I didn’t understand that I was on the height of the ninth floor, and any wrong move could be a fatal mistake for me, and I could fall. For me, fear came later’
Timur Zakirov (left) and Adel Akhmetzyanov (right) lowered themselves down from the burning ninth floor flat to escape the conflagration, before assisting Irina Yerpuleva to accomplish the same feat
Timur Zakirov and Adel Akhmetzyanov dangle themselves above the ground in a desperate attempt at escaping the toxic fumes and extreme heat radiating from their ninth floor apartment
‘I didn’t understand that I was on the height of the ninth floor, and any wrong move could be a fatal mistake for me, and I could fall.
‘For me, fear came later.’
Another video moments earlier showed how Timur and Adel had climbed down from the burning ninth floor flat in desperation, clinging onto the window ledge.
‘They climbed out the window, hung onto the widow’s ledge and kicked at the window of the apartment below on the eighth floor,’ she said.
‘Thank God, the owner was home. If not for him, I can’t imagine what would have happened.’
Adel said: ‘Timur was hanging by one arm, the other clutching onto the window frame with several fingers.
‘I held on tightly to the window sill with my right hand, and with my left I pulled his other hand to the window frame so that he could pull himself up.
‘I thought we would have to jump – it seemed that it was better than staying there and getting burned.’
The death-defying stunt took place 90ft above the ground from the ninth floor flat
Igor Garankin (pictured) suffered 34 per cent burns after escaping via the door before the flames worsened. Adel and Irina are trying to raise money to pay for expected plastic surgery bills for Igor
Media student Irina suffered cuts, abrasions and carbon monoxide poisoning but did not need hospital treatment after the fire drama at Chertanovo district, Moscow.
Timur suffered burns and remains in hospital.
Adel experienced minor burns to the hands but did not need hospital treatment.
Another friend Igor Garankin suffered 34 per cent burns after escaping via the door before the flames worsened.
Adel and Irina are trying to raise money to pay for expected plastic surgery for Igor’s burn injuries.
The fire is believed to have been caused by an electrical short circuit.