Violent Israeli artillery shelling has continued since the early morning hours Khan Younis And Rafah south Gaza stripAmid a harsh wave of rain that the displaced are facing in their flooded tents, and the disappointment they feel at not imposing international justice Court Yesterday, Friday cease-fire.
Al Jazeera's correspondent reported that 3 Palestinians were martyred and others were injured in an Israeli raid on a house in the El Geneina neighborhood in Rafah, stressing that the occupation artillery bombed the center of Khan Yunis and the western areas of the city.
Israeli bombing was also renewed in the vicinity of Nasser Hospital in Khan Yunis, which the occupation forces have been besieging for days and preventing the evacuation of medical staff, the displaced, and the injured.
Local sources confirmed hearing the sounds of violent clashes between the resistance fighters and the occupation forces in several areas in Khan Yunis.
Medical sources confirmed that 28 Palestinians were killed and more than 80 others were injured in continuous Israeli bombing on Khan Yunis during the past 24 hours.
Siege of Nasser Hospital
This comes as local media warned that the continued Israeli army siege of Nasser Hospital and preventing medical teams from removing waste and dirt threatens the spread of diseases among patients and staff in the hospital due to the accumulation of garbage.
For its part, the government media office in Gaza said that 70% of the medical aid entering the Strip cannot be used and is outside the priorities of medical teams.
Doctors in the Gaza Strip had previously indicated that the medical aid they received contained tests for the Coronavirus.
– Shehab News Agency (@ShehabAgency) January 26, 2024
Meanwhile, Al Jazeera's correspondent pointed out the difficulty of the cold weather and the continuing rainfall that drowned the ill-equipped tents of the displaced in Rafah, stressing the disappointment that the residents of the Gaza Strip are experiencing as a result of the decision of the International Court of Justice yesterday, Friday, which did not issue an order for an immediate ceasefire.
The correspondent said that for the residents of the Gaza Strip, the court’s decision seemed like permission to allow Israel to kill them, but “slowly.”
For its part, the Civil Defense in Gaza warned that the lives of thousands of displaced people were threatened by the extreme cold and rain that flooded their tents.
Yesterday, the International Court of Justice ordered Israel to take six temporary measures to protect civilians in the Gaza Strip, including the entry of aid, Israel ensuring that its army does not commit humanitarian violations in the Strip, and ensuring the prevention of direct incitement to genocide.
The ongoing Israeli aggression against the besieged Gaza Strip since last October 7 resulted in the death of 26,83 Palestinians and the injury of 64,487, in addition to the displacement of about 1,900,000 people and massive destruction in the Strip.