Heart of American democracy broken in under on MINUTE: Moment Trump’s American flag-waving mob easily barge through line of cops to ransack Capitol
- Video taken from the steps of the Capitol show how the mob overpowered cops
- The Capitol Police managed to hold their line for less than a minute on Wednesday
- They were left woefully understaffed and outnumbered by the rioters
- There are only 2,300 Capitol cops in total and not all were on shift at the time
- The MAGA crowd is estimated to have consisted of 10,000 protesters at least
A terrifying video shows Trump’s angry MAGA mob overpowering Capitol Police to storm the building with their weapons in less than a minute on Thursday.
There were fewer than 2,000 Capitol Police officers on duty on Wednesday and roughly five times as many Trump supporters at the site.
At 1.50pm on Wednesday, the rioters marched towards the Capitol Building after being egged on by the President at a White House rally earlier in the day.
The cops held their line for 52 seconds before the crowds overpowered them entirely.
Then, they failed to claw back control of the Capitol until darkness fell and the National Guard eventually arrived.
The first noticeable breakthrough was from a man waving an American flag. Him breaking through the police barrier emboldened the others
Video stills show how the cops were completely overwhelmed by the sheer size of the crowd. They breezed past them before storming into the Capitol building