This diet aims to lose weight while also preventing heart disease, diabetes and high blood pressure, as the rice diet relies on healthy carbohydrates, which include vegetables, fruits and fiber-rich grains.
Here are the most important steps that must be followed in the rice diet to get good results in your weight loss journey:
1. It is necessary to eat 800 calories divided into your daily meals, in the first week of the diet.
2. The rice diet is based on starches, fruits, vegetables and dairy products.
3. You can eat one slice of bread, or a third of a cup of rice, or half a cup of pasta, during one meal only.
4. It is allowed to eat a whole fruit or a cup of fruit throughout the day.
5. Eat vegetables by one uncooked or half a cup cooked.
6. Eat one cup of milk or yogurt or half a cup of cottage cheese.
7. Fish and lean meat can be added.
8. It is allowed to increase the amount of calories to become 1000 calories per day, with the beginning of the second week of the diet, until you reach the required weight.
9. In the third and final week, calories go up a bit more, but the diet remains low in fat and salt and rich in fruits, vegetables, and grains.
10. Increase your water intake throughout your day by 3 liters.
The report stressed that the rice diet provides many health benefits for your body, because it relies on fiber, which contributes to lowering cholesterol and the risk of heart disease, and it also plays a role in maintaining the health of the intestines and makes you feel full, which helps you lose weight.