The Saudi Public Prosecution said that it had begun an investigation into the case of the killing of the Egyptian teacher, Hani Abdel Tawab, who was recently killed in Riyadh at the hands of one of his students, noting that the suspect confessed to his crime.
An official source in the Public Prosecution said, in a statement issued on Wednesday, that the Public Prosecution “has started investigation procedures into a shooting incident in one of the governorates of the Riyadh region, which resulted in the death of a 35-year-old Egyptian resident.”
The source pointed out that “the perpetrator was a 14-year-old juvenile, and he was questioned according to the rules and guarantees stipulated in the Law of Criminal Procedure and the Juvenile Law.”
He added, “The perpetrator has acknowledged his responsibility for the accident, and work is underway to complete a number of investigation procedures in accordance with the regular methods in preparation for referring the case to the competent court.”
Abdel Tawab, a 35-year-old English teacher in middle school, was killed in the halls of intensive care in a hospital in Riyadh, after being shot by one of his students last week.
The Egyptian newspaper “Al-Watan” quoted a friend of the late teacher, Ahmed Mahmoud, that the incident began with an altercation between Abdel Tawab and one of his students, 13 years old, in the classroom. To the city of Riyadh, and fled Harbin.
And the Ministry of Manpower in Egypt had previously said that the dead man was from Fayoum Governorate, and he had a Bachelor of Arts and Education from the English Language Division, and he worked as a teacher in the National Learning Guide schools in the city of As-Sulayyil in the Riyadh region, and he has a wife and two children.
The Egyptian Ministry of Foreign Affairs confirmed that it continues to follow up the progress of investigations in Saudi Arabia in the case of the killing of Abdel Tawab, adding that “the Egyptian Consulate General in Riyadh continues to communicate and coordinate with the concerned Saudi authorities to expedite the completion of all procedures necessary to transport the body of the Egyptian citizen to the homeland as soon as possible.” .
Source: Saudi media + agencies