Here are some tips and tricks that are helpful for beginners and Bugsnax catching experts alike!
Tips and Tricks
- Many Bugsnax can be captured using multiple methods. For instance, many Bugsnax can be caught using the Snak Trap, but also can be stunned somehow and caught with the net. Experiment with the tools you have acquired and your environment.
- Scan Bugsnax with your SnaxScope to reveal information about how to catch them, as well as their individual likes and dislikes. Use that information
- Your SnaxScope (camera) works from afar, so you can scan various Bugsnax and items hidden in the environment no matter how far away you are.
- Your camera automatically identifies a Bugsnax presence even when it’s hard to see so take out your camera as soon as you reach a new area.
- Some Bugsnax will leave behind clues (like residue on the ground) as to when and where you’ll be able to find them. Scan these clues to learn more.
- Certain Bugsnax can only be caught during specific hours (ie: morning or night only) or during specific weather conditions (ie: rainy weather). On that note…
- You can quickly pass time by sleeping in a bed. Most locations have a bed somewhere nearby that can be accessed.
- Sauce plants contain five refills and respawn quickly. However, they respawn after a short period of time, so you can continue using the same plant to keep your inventory full of sauce.
- Finding more sauce plants will add more sauce plants to the garden in Snaxburg. Raiding this little farm is a great way to stock up on sauce.
- There is no fall damage in Bugsnax, so feel free to jump off as high of a surface as you’d like while exploring!
- Sometimes the physics are a bit wonky. For instance, launching the Snak Trap onto a platform above you using the Lunchpad may require a few tries; but if something seems like it should work, it probably will.
- You can retrieve your tools remotely by opening your inventory, highlighting the tool, and pressing R1.
- The Buggy Ball works as a surface for the Trip Shot. If you need a surface to attach the other end of your Trip Shot to, consider using your Buggy Ball as it’s always available in your inventory.
- The Buggy Ball/Trip Shot combo mentioned above can be driven around to clothesline unsuspecting Bugsnaxs.
- Expand your inventory. You can add Bugsnax to the Snaxburg donation box while doing Gramble’s Sidequest – Gramble Grows His Horde. Completing this will expand your inventory. Once the quest is done, keep donating and your inventory will get there.