Victoria records a second day of zero new coronavirus cases as the state emerges from its third lockdown
The five-day ‘circuit breaker’ lockdown announced by premier Daniel Andrews officially lifted at 11:59pm on Wednesday night – though modified restrictions are still in place.
One case has been reported in hotel quarantine on Thursday and 30,261 tests were conducted in the previous 24 hours.
Health workers assist quarantining guests as they leave the Holiday Inn on February 16 (pictured)
NEW RULES FOR VICTORIA FROM WEDNESDAY AT 11.59PM
Victoria’s five day ‘circuit breaker’ lockdown finished at 11:59pm on Wednesday, here are the new rules:
– Masks still mandatory indoors and outdoors if you can’t socially distance
– Only five people allowed round to homes until Friday February 26
– Maximum 20 people at outdoor gatherings
– 5km rule scrapped – meaning Victorians can travel all over the state
– No limits on funeral numbers and weddings can resume with capacity limits
– Schools can reopen
– Retail and hospitality – including pubs and restaurants – can also reopen, but with one person per four square metres