VVV-Venlo 0-13 Ajax: Dutch champions run riot with NINE second-half goals as Lassina Traore bags FIVE in biggest hammering in Dutch top-flight history
- Ajax were on the road on Saturday, travelling to face VVV-Venlo in the Eredivisie
- The mid-table hosts survived 13 goalless minutes before their humiliation began
- Jurgen Ekkelenkamp scored the first of four first-half goals for the visitors
- The floodgates opened after the 52nd minute when Christian Kum was sent-off
- They then added nine in the second-half, with Lassina Traore scoring five
If ever the Eredivisie needed a reminder of Ajax’s dominance, the Dutch champions provided it on Saturday with a sensational 13-0 thrashing of 10-man VVV-Venlo.
The hosts are only lying down in 10th in the Dutch first-tier but were made to look like a pub team, going in 4-0 down at the break before a mind blowing second-half.
Venlo leaked nine goals after Jurgen Ekkelenkamp was sent-off in the 52nd minute, with Lassina Traore bagging five before half-time as Ajax recorded the biggest win in the league’s history.
More to follow…
Ajax recorded a record-breaking 13-0 victory over 10-man VVV-Venlo on Saturday afternoon
Lassina Traore inflicted the most damage with a stunning five goals against the hosts
Christian Kum (left) was sent-off in the 54th minute leading to a constant stream of Ajax goals