Unfortunately, the fountain of youth remains a legend to this day. When we’re young, collagen production and antioxidants help protect the skin from environmental damage. But as we age, the cells in our skin reproduce and heal themselves slower.
However, that doesn’t mean there aren’t steps and products you can use to help keep your skin looking youthful as you get older. And while there are tons of products on the market, mature skin requires special care. As such, we’ve gone ahead and narrowed down the best X skincare products for mature women as determined by dermatologists and other skincare professionals in aesthetics OKC.
Anti-Aging Moisturizers for Mature Women
Moisturizing is an important anti-aging step to take. Overly dry skin leads to blemishes and less healthy skin. However, mature skin requires more special care, including extra minerals and antioxidants to help promote healthy cell production and decrease skin degradation.
Here are some of our favorite moisturizers:
- CeraVe Moisturizing Cream
- Dimes Restorative Night Cream
- Dr. Loretta Concentrated Firming Moisturize
- Pond’s Anti-Wrinkle Face Cream Anti-Aging Face Moisturizer
- 456 Skin Day Hack
Anti-Aging Cleansers for Mature Women
From makeup, dirt, pollution, sweat, and grime collecting on your skin, the best anti-aging cleaners are designed and formulated to remove all of that and leave skin looking healthy and smooth. When choosing a cleanser, make sure it doesn’t dry or tighten the skin, irritate the skin, has little to no fragrance, and keeps the skin’s pH balanced.
These are some of the top recommended anti-aging cleansers:
- NakedPoppy Nourish Cream Cleanser
- La Roche-Posay Toleriane Hydrating Gentle Cleanser
- Neutrogena Ultra Gentle Daily Face Wash
- Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water
- Bioderma Sensibio Water
Anti-Aging Serums for Mature Women
Serums are an important part of any daily/nightly skincare routine. Serums use concentrated active ingredients that are designed to reach places lotions normally don’t. They can promote collagen production, promote healthy cell production through retinol, and come packed with antioxidants such as vitamins C and E.
Here are some of the best serums on the market:
- Drunk Elephant C-Firma Fresh Day Serum
- Dr. Loretta Intense Replenishing Serum
- RoC Retinol Correxion Deep Wrinkle Anti-Aging Night Serum
- The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5
- Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Multi-Recovery Complex
Anti-Aging Face Masks for Mature Women
Face masks are perfect for targeting specific skincare issues. They work great for moisturizing skin, removing dirt and unclogging pores, and exfoliating the skin. Throw a couple of cucumber slices on your eyes and you have an at-home spa day– every day.
These are the top face masks recommended for mature skin:
- First Aid Beauty 5-in-1 Bouncy Mask
- Fresh Lotus Youth Preserve Rescue Mask
- LA MER The Lifting and Firming Mask
- Mario Badescu Collagen Mask
- Florapy Beauty Assorted Sheet Mask Set
There’s no choice when it comes to aging, but choosing to begin a good skincare regimen early on can help you age more gracefully and retain your unique natural beauty as the years go by.