Hair masks are characterized by their ability to moisturize and soften most types of hair. And if you want to get these benefits to repair your hair and add shine to it; You should consider using a hair mask at night. Knowing that not all hair clippers perform the same function; There are types of hair masks that treat breakage; another treats hiccups; And others help in lengthening or intensifying the hair. In this article, we will take a closer look at the benefits of hair masks and the best types that suit the nature of your hair.
What are the benefits of using a night hair mask?
Overnight hair masks can be used to treat a wide range of hair problems. According to hair care experts, an overnight hair mask may help:
- Moisturizing hair.
- Add shine to hair.
- Reduce hair loss.
- Reduce hair frizz.
- Reduce hair tangles and complexity.
The night hair masks are among them Hair hydrating mask Its softeners are generally safe to use for most people, but with some caveats:
- Night hair masks that contain protein: Do not use overnight hair masks that contain protein; Protein treatments are great for your hair if they are used for only 20 minutes, but keeping protein in your hair for several hours at night can make your hair very stressed. It can also cause it to break.
- Apple cider vinegarThis is another ingredient to be avoided in a nighttime hair mask. This is because it can strip your hair of its protein component if left in it for too long.
- eggsIt is a common ingredient in many hair masks. But the idea of leaving an egg in your hair at night can produce an unpleasant odor; It can also cause bacteria to accumulate in it. Plus, it’s packed with protein, and isn’t recommended for an overnight hair mask.
How to use the night hair mask
Before making or buying any hair maskYou have to make sure that its ingredients are just right for your hair type or problem. Once you have decided what type of mask you want to use for your hair and how to prepare its components, follow these steps to apply the mask to your hair in the right way:
- Wash your hair as usual. Use a hair towel to dry it of moisture before applying the mask.
- To make your hair more receptive to the mask, you can divide it into sections using a comb or large hair clips.
- After that, start applying the mask to your hair from the roots to the ends, then gently massage the scalp and hair – especially the roots.
- Once you apply the mask to your hair, comb through the hair with a wide-tooth comb to make sure the mask is evenly distributed.
- If you have long hair, wrap it gently around your head with some bobby pins.
- Then cover your head with a shower cap or any other covering that prevents the mask from being removed from your hair.
- Then put a towel on your pillow before bed. Although a shower cap keeps the mask on your hair, the mask can leak while you sleep.
- The next morning, rinse your hair with cold or lukewarm water. Knowing that you may need to rinse your hair several times to remove all the mask ingredients from it.
Night mask for dry and frizzy hair
If you suffer from dry or frizzy hair; You will need Dry hair mask and curly; Which works to moisturize and repair hair. Also, if you want more moisture for your hair, you can make a night mask using banana and honey; Because they are both good ingredients for repairing dry hair.
Why bananas and honey?
Bananas contain silica, a mineral that may help make your hair stronger, thicker and less prone to frizz. Bananas also have antimicrobial properties; Which can treat dry and dandruff-infested scalp.
Also, according to research findings released in 2013, honey is rich in antioxidants that can improve the condition of your scalp, while the vitamins and minerals in it may help moisturize your hair and restore its shine so it is an ideal choice to use in any type. Hair hydrating mask.
What is the right amount of them? ?
You will need 1 to 2 tablespoons of raw honey along with 1 or 2 ripe bananas – depending on the length of your hair.
How to make a night mask for dry hair
- At first, peel the bananas and mash them with a fork or put them in the blender – use 2 bananas if you have long hair.
- Once the banana is well mashed, add honey to it.
- Mix banana and honey together until a consistent and homogeneous mixture is formed.
- Apply the mask to the hair.
- Massage the hair with your fingers, paying special attention to the scalp and roots.
It is worth noting here that if you prefer to buy a ready-made hair mask, you can look for high-quality hair masks for dry and frizz-treated hair.
Night mask for damaged hair
Between ironing, blow-drying, and chemical treatments, your hair can become damaged over time. And with the right treatment for your hair and using some natural ingredients like coconut oil and aloe vera to make Damaged hair maskYou can help repair and protect hair from damage.
Why coconut oil and aloe vera?
Results from one reliable study have proven that coconut oil can reduce protein loss in hair when used before and after showering. Also, due to its low molecular weight as well, it can be easily absorbed by hair, compared to other types of oils.
According to research published in 2008, aloe vera is rich in many vitamins, minerals, enzymes, antioxidants, fatty acids and other compounds that effectively nourish hair. Although there is little research that has paid particular attention to the benefits of aloe vera for hair, anecdotal evidence suggests that it is a good option for moisturizing and strengthening hair. If you want Hair straightening mask Effectively, you should use aloe vera with it.
What is the right amount of them? ?
- 2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel.
- 2 tablespoons of organic, unrefined coconut oil.
How to make a night mask for damaged hair
- Add 2 tablespoons of coconut oil to a small saucepan, then heat it over low heat until melted, until it becomes warm.
- After making sure it’s warm — not hot — add aloe vera gel to it.
- Then stir the oil and aloe vera together until a smooth mixture forms.
- Then apply the mask evenly to your damp hair.
It is worth noting here that if you prefer to buy a ready-made hair mask, you can search for Best hair mask To treat damaged hair in stores that specialize in it.
How often should you use a night hair mask?
that hair types If you are dry or damaged, you need to use the night mask as a general rule once or twice a week. As for oily hair, it is best to use a night mask for it once every two weeks. It is important to mention here that if you are using nighttime hair masks regularly, and you do not notice an improvement in the condition of your hair, you should speak with your dermatologist. They may advise you on the best types of ingredients to use for your hair type. Or he might recommend a product that can help improve the condition of your hair.