Lots of women are used to putting on makeup for long hours, but not doing it properly can cause more damage to your skin than you can imagine, since some makeup products contain a lot of chemicals that may not suit your skin type and harm your skin in many ways.
Common problems when applying makeup regularly
According to dermatologists, according to the site ” thehealthsiteRegular application of make-up can solve a number of problems for the skin, which may include:
Make-up can clog pores
Makeup can clog pores if it is applied for too long and is not removed before bed. It is important to clean your skin well because makeup and dirt can irritate the skin and cause pimples and dullness, so use a good cleanser suitable for your skin type to remove makeup.
May lead to premature aging
Makeup may lead to premature aging and can accentuate fine lines and wrinkles, and makeup may make your skin more dry or oily than usual, therefore, a good skin care regimen is very important before applying makeup, and after removing it at night to prevent premature aging.
Avoiding sunscreen can lead to skin problems
Sometimes people avoid using sunscreen before applying makeup, sun damage leads to the appearance of age spots and uneven skin tone, and mixing the sun protection factor with foundation may change the effectiveness of the product and may not give you the required protection from UV rays (A ) and (b), therefore, a light foundation can be applied over the daily sunscreen.
Not cleaning makeup brushes can cause allergic reactions
Keep your makeup brushes clean to avoid any skin allergies or skin irritation, makeup product gets stuck in the bristles, and they tend to transfer bacteria, oil, and dirt onto the skin every time you use them.
Make-up tips for oily skin
As suggested by the expert, here are some tips to keep in mind while applying makeup based on different skin types:
- Combination for oily skin
- Preparing the skin with products suitable for oily skin
- Use detergents containing water or gel for gentle cleaning
- Don’t forget to exfoliate your skin once or twice a week
- Use a toner after cleansing to reduce open pores and prepare the skin for hydration, a lightweight gel or water-based moisturizer is recommended.
- Choose a foundation that suits oily skin, and choose loose powder or matte powder pressed over the foundation
- Choose a matte blush instead of a cream blush
- Use an oil-free makeup remover to avoid any kind of pimples on the skin
Makeup tips for dry skin
- Prepare the skin with moisturizing products
- Cleanse and moisturize the skin before starting to apply makeup
- An ice scrub can be an excellent trick to help improve blood circulation and make skin look radiant
- Use a good foundation for normal to dry skin.
- Apply a light powder to set the foundation
- Eye cream is a must under concealer to avoid under eye wrinkles
- Cream blush can be applied to remove dryness