Liposuction is one of the surgical procedures designed to lose weight and show quick results on the general appearance, and according to the latest statistics issued by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, liposuction surgery is the second most popular procedure after breast augmentation, and during liposuction, the surgeon removes excess deposits from Fat from the target area to give the patient the desired shape and body contour, according to a report published on the Healthline website.
The experts confirmed that there is a timetable for recovery after the liposuction procedure, as patients suffer during the period ranging from 48 to 72 hours, after the surgery, from pain and discomfort during the first few hours after the operation, and during this time, patients must wear compression garments, and get Get enough rest, and limit physical activities.
The report identified some tips that should be followed after two weeks of liposuction:
1. Avoid strenuous activities so as not to result in any complications that threaten the operation.
2. Avoid wearing compression garments that affect the surgical areas.
3. A healthy diet contributes to a quick recovery after liposuction, by eating good foods rich in vitamins, antioxidants and other nutrients that help your body regain its strength.
4. Avoid eating salt because it encourages the body to retain water, which can aggravate swelling, so choose foods that are low in sodium..
5. Increase protein intake because it helps in wound healing, as well as regrowth of skin and muscles, so every meal or snack should contain a good source of protein.
6. Reduce your sugar intake because it can suppress your immune system, cause mineral imbalances, and increase blood sugar levels.
7. Eat small amounts of food several times a day to avoid nausea or bloating
8. Eat fruits such as watermelon, strawberries, grapefruit, celery and zucchini because they speed up the recovery process from the process.
9. Get some rest during the first 24 hours after liposuction surgery. After that, some light exercises like walking for a short distance can speed up the healing process of the body.
10. Avoid strenuous exercise during the first few weeks after liposuction.