There will be five categories of Armor Synthesis bounties, including Vanguard, Crucible, Gambit, Destinations, and Raids and Dungeons. A few examples of these bounties are as follows;
- Complete playlists strikes using specific subclasses.(Vanguard)
- Accumulate points in Nightfall strikes. (Vanguard)
- Capture zones in Crucible Control matches. (Crucible)
- Complete Crucible matches and defeat opponents using specific damage types as a team. (Crucible)
- Send and defeat blockers in Gambit. (Gambit)
- Defeat Primeval Envoys, high value targets and Primevals in Gambit. (Gambit)
- Defeat Nightmares on any destination or in Nightmare Hunts. (Destinations)
- Defeat bosses while defending the Blind Well within the Dreaming City. (Destinations)
- Complete the final encounter of any Raid or Dungeon. (Raids and Dungeons)
- Generate Orbs of Power in raids or dungeons. (Raids and Dungeons)
Once enough is gathered, players will need to convert the Synthcord at the Loom in the Tower into Synthweave, which can then be used to convert an unlocked armor appearance (Legendary quality or lower) from Collections into a Universal Armor Ornament.
Players will be able to earn up to ten Synthweave per class, per season, except in the Season of [REDACTED] which will let players earn ten additional Synthweave per class via an introductory experience.
There are also other exceptions that apply to this Armor Synthesis process, including that Exotic armor pieces can not take on the appearance of another armor set as “we want to maintain their appearance for players to quickly identify and understand what Exotic perks a player may have in all activities.”Furthermore, Year-1 Armor Ornaments will also not be eligible for transmog, although a fix is in the works for a future Season.
Eververse will allow players to purchase Synthweave Templates with real-world money. One template costs 300 Silver and a bundle of five costs 1,000 Silver. For reference, Universal Armor Ornament Bundles cost 1,500 Silver.
Have a tip for us? Want to discuss a possible story? Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.