Week 2 XP Xtravanganza Challenges are now live and with it brings a number of brand new challenges that will help you earn the remaining XP that you need to complete your Battle Pass. While the majority of Week 2’s XP Xtravanganza challenges are fairly straightforward, one particular challenge may catch a few players off the guard as the Pro Fishing Rod isn’t a very commonly used item. So in order to find and obtain a Pro Fishing Rod, we have you covered in our detailed guide below.Looking for something specific? Click the links below to find more information:
Fortnite Chapter 2: Season 4, Week 2 XP Xtravanganza Challenges
Listed below are all of the week 2 XP Xtravanganza challenges that are currently available to complete:
- Deal Damage with Shotguns to Opponents
- Stage 1: Deal damage with Shotguns to opponents – 0/1,000 – 20,000 XP
- Stage 2: Deal damage with Shotguns to opponents – 0/2,500 – 20,000 XP
- Stage 3: Deal damage with Shotguns to opponents – 0/1,000 – 20,000 XP
- Eliminate Seven Opponents
- Stage 1: Eliminate opponents with Common Weapons – 0/7 – 20,000 XP
- Stage 2: Eliminate opponents with Rare Weapons – 0/7 – 20,000 XP
- Stage 3: Eliminate opponents with Epic Weapons – 0/7 – 20,000 XP
- Damage Opponents with the Choppa’s Blades
- Stage 1: Damage Opponents with the Choppa’s Blades – 0/50 – 20,000 XP
- Stage 2: Damage Opponents with the Choppa’s Blades – 0/150 – 20,000 XP
- Stage 3: Damage Opponents with the Choppa’s Blades – 0/250 – 20,000 XP
- Catch Fish
- Stage 1: Catch Fish – 0/10 – 20,000 XP
- Stage 2: Catch Fish with a Pro Fishing Rod – 0/10 – 20,000 XP
- Stage 3: Catch Fish with Explosive Weapons – 0/10 – 20,000 XP
- Consume Foraged Items – 0/30 – 20,000 XP
- Shoot a Gas Can Thrown by a Teammate Before it Hits the Ground – 0/1 – 50,000 XP
How to Catch 10 Fish with a Pro Fishing Rod in Fortnite
Whilst you may have thought that obtaining a Pro Fishing Rod might be somewhat challenging, you’ll be surprised at just how simple the task can be if you know what you are looking for. So in order to find a Pro Fishing Rod, we have detailed the two best methods that will have you fishing in no time.
The first method is arguably the more challenging, as it relies very heavily on luck, you’ll have a very small chance at finding a Pro Fishing Rod in random chests or amongst fishing rod barrels by the lakes. While you may get lucky and find one early on, the Pro Fishing Rods are considerably rare and can take quite some time to find.
Otherwise, for those not looking to leave it up to luck, obtaining a Pro Fishing Rod can actually be quite simple and fast. To do so, pick up any standard Fishing Rod and make your way to one of the many Upgrade Benches that you will find scattered across the map. With 100 Wood, 100 Metal, and 100 Brick on hand, you’ll have the option to upgrade your Fishing Rod into the Pro model.
Now in order to complete the Week 2 XP Xtravanganza Challenge, simply take your newly acquired Pro Fishing Rod to the nearest lake and start catching fish. You’ll need to catch a total of 10 fish in order to complete the challenge!