Industrial agitators have created a niche ever since it has been introduced for its alluring features and perks such as impact resistance, durability & energy efficiency. They are electrical devices used for large-scale industrial mixing processes such as dissolving and homogenizing, suspension maintenance, dispersion, heat transfer, & grinding. These agitators are built to industry standards and include mechanical components such as an engine, drive shaft, reduction gearbox, and driving portion. Magnetic agitators are commonly employed for highly sanitary solutions in the biotechnological, pharmaceutical, and food-processing industries because they prevent product mixing contact with the atmosphere.
3 Main Types
The three main types of industrial agitators include,
- Turbine Type- They generate a lot of radial flow. As a result, these are frequently utilized for all types of mixes, particularly those requiring the handling of viscous liquids or gases, and fluid reactions.
- Paddle Type- They have a straightforward structure. They are utilized in applications that require a homogeneous laminar fluid. Furthermore, they are good for low speed and high power mixing implementation.
- Propeller Type- They function well in simple mixing tasks. Their purpose is to mix medium and low viscosity fluids while also enhancing mixture consistency.
The agitator used varies on the phase that needs to be mixed (liquid and solids, liquids only, liquid and gas, liquid with solids & gas). The agitator may be referred to as a kneader, mixer, or dough mixer, depending on the type of phase & the viscosity of the bulk. Agitators for liquids can be put horizontally on the tank’s side, mounted vertically on the tank’s top, or, less typically, on the tank’s bottom.
Different Uses of Industrial Agitators
Industrial agitators have different uses such as,
- combining different liquids
- stimulate chemical substance reactions
- maintaining a homogenous liquid bulk during storage
- improve heat transfer (heating or cooling)
Principle of Agitation
The movement of the heterogeneous multitude causes disturbance (liquid-solid phase). This is caused by the rotating of an impeller in mechanical agitators. The bulk might be made up of many substances, and the operation’s goal is to mix it or improve the effectiveness of a reaction through improved contact between reactive products. Agitation can also be employed to promote heat transmission or keep particles suspended.
Top 3 Applications of Industrial Agitators
Many key activities in the manufacturing and industrial sectors of many end use industries are facilitated by industrial agitators, which have evolved from just mixing liquids to completing a variety of other duties. Although industrial agitators have a wide range of applications but the top three applications of industrial agitators are as follows,
- Wastewater Applications- Water & wastewater application are expected to expand steadily due to rising demand for wastewater treatment solutions. This industry has high expectations for agitators with great dependability, durability, and efficiency. Agitators are used in conjunction with pre-treatment equipment for municipal and industrial water filtration. The dilemma of water scarcity in many locations has boosted the demand for water treatment solution equipment, raising the country’s demand.
- Chemical Industry- Industrial agitators have wide applications in chemical industries. This expansion can be attributable to the increasing demand for customized agitators in this industry. The chemical industry has stringent requirements for raw material suspension, reaction, mixing, and dispersion. As a result, there is a burgeoning need for the adoption of these devices. The transition away from traditional utilization capacity and toward the ability to fulfill orders efficiently and on schedule is expected to strengthen the regional manufacturing industry, consequently increasing demand for industrial agitators.
- Pharmaceutical Sector- The pharmaceutical business has seen a growth in demand across the country, which has greatly increased the demand for Industrial Agitators. Industrial Agitators are widely utilized in the pharmaceutical industry to increase the performance of industrial procedures while lowering medicine manufacturing expenses. Furthermore, the growing number of chronic ailments in the country is fueling the expansion of the pharmaceutical market, which is favorably influencing the growth of industrial agitators.
The industrial agitators industry will benefit industry consultants, equipment producers, and established players looking for new opportunities. New players, on the other hand, will look for opportunities and other stakeholders to align their market-centric strategies with the current & anticipated future trends.