Miami Police Department confirms investigation into Conor McGregor sexual assault claim as he doubles down on denial and says allegations are ‘no more than a shakedown’
The Miami Police Department has confirmed it is investigating sexual assault allegations against Conor McGregor. The MMA fighter, who is expecting his fourth child with his fiancée, has been accused of forcing the unnamed accuser to perform oral [sexual intercourse] on him and attempting to [sexually assault] her in the VIP men’s bathroom at Game 4 of the NBA Finals last week in Miami. In a statement on Friday, a spokesman for Miami Police Department told DailyMail.com: ‘MPD’s Special Victims Unit is investigating a report that was filed Sunday, June 11, 2023. This is an open investigation so no additional information can be released at this time.’
A source close to McGregor said they will cooperate fully with the investigation. He insists the woman’s claims are false and that she is only interested in money. A video obtained by TMZ shows him leading her into the men’s bathroom where she claims she was assaulted. He appears to lead her by the hand into the bathroom, before the door is closed behind them. McGregor’s entourage of security guards is then shown blocking the entrance to the door. His attorneys say the footage undermines the woman’s original allegation that he and his security guards forced her into the restroom. ‘The claimant’s lawyer now has changed her story. Mr. McGregor welcomes the investigation, which he firmly believes will show the claims against him are false. After not responding to the demand for money made by claimant’s counsel, she turned to the media to apply pressure. This is no more than a shakedown,’ McGregor’s attorney, Barbara R. Llanes, said, in a statement.
The accuser’s attorney originally said he had ‘forced’ her into the bathroom, with the help of his security. After the release of the video, she issued an updated statement saying the woman thought she was being led out of the venue to go to the Four Seasons, where he was staying. ‘My client was under the belief they were leaving and going to the Four Seasons Hotel, as Conor had previously asked her to join him at his hotel room.’ She maintains that someone approached her and told her ‘Conor told me to come get you.’ As she was walking out of the venue, she says McGregor took her by the hand into the restroom. ‘My client believed they were leaving, but instead Conor took her into the restroom,’ attorney Ariel Mitchell said. Originally, she said in her letter: ‘Mr. McGregor, aided and abetted by the NBA and Miami Heat Kaseya security, had the victim physically forced via security into the men’s bathroom, separating her from her friend and trapping her inside with Mr. McGregor and his security guard,’ her letter said. It went on to claim that he ‘trapped’ her in there – then forced himself on her.
‘Mr. McGregor then appeared from inside the handicapped stall and shoved his tongue in the victim’s mouth and aggressively kissed her,’ according to the legal letter. The woman’s attorney says she then told him she needed to use the bathroom. While she was in the stall, the woman says McGregor ‘pulled out his [private parts] and shoved it down the throat of the victim.’ She claims she was able to get him off her, but says he then spat on her and on himself ‘in a desperate attempt to get his flaccid [private parts] hard.’ She then tried to flee, but says McGregor ‘aggressively grabbed her, pinned her up against the wall’ and tried to [sexually assault] her. ‘Fortunately, Mr. McGregor’s [private parts] was too limp for complete penetration, and the victim continuously elbowed Mr. McGregor and finally escaped,’ the letter went on.
Want more stories like this from the Daily Mail? Visit our profile page here and hit the follow button above for more of the news you need.