Dubai, United Arab Emirates (CNN) – YouTube announced Tuesday evening that it will suspend President Donald Trump’s channel on the platform for at least a week, and possibly longer, due to a recently published video that incites violence and violates the platform’s policies.
YouTube explained to CNN that the video had been removed from the platform.
YouTube refused to publish details of the video that caused Trump to be banned from the platform, but said that after a one-week period, he would reconsider the decision.
The company told CNN that YouTube also removed content from the White House channel on the platform for violating company policy.
So far, YouTube was the only major remaining social media platform that did not suspend Trump’s account in some way. Facebook suspended Trump’s account “indefinitely,” while Twitter banned Trump completely from its platform.
A YouTube spokesperson said in a statement: “After careful review, and in light of concerns about the potential for continued violence, we removed new content uploaded to Donald J. Trump and issued a warning for violating our policies for incitement to violence. As a result, according to our long-term warning system, The channel is now banned from uploading new videos or live broadcasts for at least 7 days – renewable. “
YouTube also said it would take an additional step by disabling comments under videos on Trump’s channel.
Under YouTube’s policies, a second violation will lead to the suspension of the account for two weeks and 3 violations will lead to a permanent ban on the account.