The photo I wouldn’t post 12 months ago: Bikini designer, 30, shares a raw snap of her ‘real body’ – and urges all women to do the same
- A Gold Coast bikini designer has won praise after sharing a raw snap of her body
- Karina Irby, 30, said she wouldn’t have shared such a picture even 12 months ago
- But now, she is urging other women to be proud in their bodies and do the same
- Karina transformed her body by switching from solely cardio to more weights
A bikini designer has won praise from thousands online after sharing a raw snap of her ‘real body’ and revealing why she has finally accepted her physique.
Karina Irby, 30, from the Gold Coast, said while she wouldn’t have shared a picture of her stomach rolls 12 months ago, she is now keen to show off what ‘real bodies look like, roly poly tummies and all’.
‘I would never have posted this photo 12 months ago, but here I am,’ Karina posted on Instagram.
‘I feel like the key to self-happiness is just letting go of all judgement from other people and yourself. Treat your body with love and respect and it will treat you the same back.’
A Gold Coast bikini designer has won praise from thousands online after sharing a raw snap of her ‘real body’ and explaining why she wouldn’t post it last year (the snap pictured)
Karina Irby (pictured), 30, said while she wouldn’t have shared a picture of her stomach rolls 12 months ago, she is now keen to show off what ‘real bodies look like, roly poly tummies and all’
In the photo, Karina can be seen sitting with her tongue out in a bikini, proudly showing off her stomach and thighs without any embarrassment.
Thousands who have seen the picture have praised the 30-year-old for being honest online.
‘You honestly make me feel so much better about myself,’ one woman said.
‘You are so amazing! Because of you I love my body more now than I did 30kg ago!’ another added.
The bikini designer (pictured) urged other women to be comfortable in their own bodies and share their own body-positive photos
This isn’t the first time Karina has used Instagram to spread her body-positive message.
In the past, she has spoken about how her body changed when she stopped doing ‘solely cardio’.
‘Looking through old photos and I almost fell off my chair,’ Karina captioned a previous comparison post.
The first photo showed Karina at the age of 18, a time when she said she was ‘sickly skinny and unhealthy’.
Then Karina shared a photo of her today, which the 30-year-old said was the result of ‘shoving some weights and protein in there’.
‘I’m so thankful I got educated and not just from a “looks” perspective, but a health and fitness perspective,’ she wrote.
In the past, Karina has spoken about how her body changed when she stopped doing ‘solely cardio’ (pictured before and after)
Karina said she has swapped long runs and a low-calorie diet for more weights and a more balanced approach to food (pictured before and after)
During that time, Karina said she has swapped long runs and a low-calorie diet for more weights and a more balanced approach to food.
She now only does cardio once or twice a week, and otherwise incorporates heavy weights into her routine:
‘I eat well and now, I eat a lot,’ Karina added.
Her daily diet typically includes everything from chicken burrito bowls to sweetcorn and zucchini fritters, baked fish and sweet potato nachos.
What is Karina Irby’s typical day on a plate?
* First thing: Almond milk flat white.
* Post gym: Protein shake filled with protein powder, a banana, half a cup of berries and one tablespoon of chia seeds and almond milk.
* Lunch: Salad sandwich on sourdough, a quinoa salad bowl, or vegetable sticks with hummus.
* Afternoon snack: Slender Bars by Protein World.
* Dinner: Butter chicken, chicken and salad tacos, prawn laska, baked fish or sweet potato nachos.
* Dessert: Dark chocolate or Greek yoghurt with berries.