We cannot address the issue of worker motivation without talking about the emotional payoffan element that has been among the most important pending issues in Human Resources for some years when it comes to loyalty and labor productivity, which has evolved as a result of the pandemic, so I would like to present some tips to implement this year and achieve the optimal level of workforce coverage necessary for your operation, as well as the reduction of staff turnover.
In order to distinguish it better, I will divide emotional pay into two types, one directed to operational staff and another for the administrative positions. I suggest it this way because the nature and conditions of each of these types of positions within a company, as is well known, do not have the same needs and their implementation is different.
Emotional pay is the result of the analysis of two theories of human motivation. On the one hand, the “Maslow pyramid”; on the other, the “Theory of the two factors” formulated by the psychologist Frederick Herzberg (1959).
Los motivating factorsaccording to Maslow, are born in the physiological and security needs, elements that are at the base of the pyramid and that are fundamental to understand that although the salary is important, the security of a stable job and with a positive work environment It is an element that guarantees organizational productivity.
It is important to point out that emotional pay is not a substitute in any way for a competitive salary, so in order to implement it in your organization it is necessary that you have salaries according to the market. Not having the right economic conditions will cause any “emotional element” to be considered “a joke” by the collaborators.
The rest of the elements of the pyramid, the membershipthe recognition and the self realisationare oriented to this model of emotional payment mentioned at the beginning of this article, since these are intrinsic to the human being and depend on both the company and the person so that they can materialize.
Regarding Herzberg’s theory, it speaks of two essential factors for human motivation. On the one hand, there are the intrinsic factors, elements directly related to the person, such as recognition, achievement and growth, which can be kept in the person’s head permanently and are the motivational engine that makes the collaborator feel committed to that institution that promotes and maintains them through their personal development.
On the other hand, extrinsic or hygienic factors are elements that, although they do not necessarily produce motivation in collaborators, not having them or losing them can become a problem. demotivation generator and dissatisfaction, for example, those benefits superior to those of the law that when they have are not valued, but when they are lost they are longed for.
That is, the emotional pay model It must be made up of a greater number of intrinsic elements and fewer extrinsic elements, so that in addition to achieving greater mutual commitment between the company and collaborators, higher levels of loyalty are obtained, since it is the collaborator who does his part to be able to achieve them. In this way, even if the budget for this purpose is reduced, the organizational loyalty.
Emotional pay with a private seal
It is very important to take into account that each company is different, so the combination of emotional pay must be analyzed before its implementation and piloted in an area or department before it is generalized to the entire company in order to measure its positive impact on the organization.
Another vital element for the implementation of the emotional pay model It is the involvement of internal clients in its design, in order to avoid controversies with who the users will be, for example, the general director or steering committee, as well as the key people of the company. This element will avoid the headaches of resistance to change because their involvement will not give rise to doubts about their legitimacy.
» Emotional pay for administrative or corporate employees:
1. Personal and professional purpose. An increasingly important element for the new generations, who are looking above all for a reason for life. In this way, beyond earning money to maintain a comfortable life, today it is important to know why I do what I do and where it leads me. Helping collaborators through tools such as the wheel of life and Ikigai will give them certainty and clarity; you could create some infographics explaining its usefulness and how to apply it to everyday life.
2. Mindfulness. Also known as “mindfulness”, it helps people to be present in the present and give themselves the opportunity to enjoy work, being more productive and with “less wear and tear” for the collaborator. One element that can be learned is meditation, for this no special infrastructure is required and can be done with 10 minutes a day.
3. Keep pets in the office That they are part of the company and that all employees can share some time with them will decrease cortisol levels in the blood, since animals can help with relaxation. In addition, the pets of the same collaborators can be invited to visit the offices and live with their owner and other members of the company.
4. Learn mindful eating techniques where the collaborator is taught to enjoy food, its texture, its smell and its flavor, where “slow food” is part of the experience, achieving greater benefits when eating. You can give talks or present infographics on the technique, as well as the benefits associated with this way of eating.
» Emotional pay for operational collaborators:
1. Salary on demanda benefit that can give the employee an economic break, since they can have access to the proportional part of the salary for the days worked without having to go into debt.
2. Space for craftsWith this activity, high levels of concentration are generated in people through face-to-face or video workshops. This represents the possibility of carrying out an activity with full consciousness, increases the levels of orientation and focus on detail.
3. Mindful walks. These can be carried out in spaces where collaborators are allowed to walk while being aware of this activity; walk slowly, deliberately and harmoniously, with balance and barefoot to have the opportunity to enjoy the footsteps and the full body experience. The ideal is to maintain a regular step, deliberately a little longer than usual, but that is comfortable and natural, the arms and hands should move slightly when walking. This type of activity can be taught through tutorials or infographics that show the technique and its benefits.
4. Conscious Breathing Techniques. Control of emotional tension or stress can only be achieved by concentrating on the breath, this can cover only 10 minutes a day. You can instruct through tutorials or infographics where the technique and its benefits are shown.
The alternatives presented are intrinsic motivation and they go beyond the traditional parameters that we have all already read, but they are developed from creativity. What could you do in your organization that is motivating and innovative?
hartford car insurance shop car insurance best car insurance quotes best online car insurance get auto insurance quotes auto insurance quotes most affordable car insurance car insurance providers car insurance best deals best insurance quotes get car insurance online best comprehensive car insurance best cheap auto insurance auto policy switching car insurance car insurance quotes auto insurance best affordable car insurance online auto insurance quotes az auto insurance commercial auto insurance instant car insurance buy car insurance online best auto insurance companies best car insurance policy best auto insurance vehicle insurance quotes aaa insurance quote auto and home insurance quotes car insurance search best and cheapest car insurance best price car insurance best vehicle insurance aaa car insurance quote find cheap car insurance new car insurance quote auto insurance companies get car insurance quotes best cheap car insurance car insurance policy online new car insurance policy get car insurance car insurance company best cheap insurance car insurance online quote car insurance finder comprehensive insurance quote car insurance quotes near me get insurance