What the frock! Best Actress nominee Andra Day leads the list of worst-dressed stars at the Oscars in a barely-there buttock-baring gold dress
- The 93rd annual Academy Awards takes place in Los Angeles on Sunday evening
- This year’s Oscars look very different amid the ongoing pandemic; the ceremony is socially-distanced, and had a very pared-back red carpet with just 170 guests in attendance
- Others will take place in the ceremony via satellite feed, and will get dressed up in their finery at home
- Despite the event featuring far fewer celebrity attendees than normal, there were still plenty of fashion fails on show on the red carpet at Union Station in downtown LA
- The United States Vs. Billie Holiday star Andra, 36, missed the mark in a metallic gold number that featured a tiny crop top and matching skirt that had a split up to her derriere
The Oscars are always one of the most hotly-anticipated celebrity events of the year – and despite this year’s ceremony looking very different amid the COVID-19 pandemic, that didn’t stop the stars from pulling out all the sartorial stops on the red carpet, with plenty of style hits, and a slew of style fails.
Several celebrity guests at the 93rd annual Academy Awards missed the mark entirely with their choice of outfit – particularly Best Actress nominee Andra Day, who opted for a barely-there buttock-baring gold number that looked more suited to a beach club than an elegant red carpet event.
The shimmering metallic number featured a tiny crop top and floor-length skirt that had a split right up to her bottom, meaning the talented starlet ended up flashing far more flesh than is appropriate for such an esteemed ceremony.
Oh dear: Best Actress nominee Andra Day landed herself at the top of the worst-dressed list at this year’s Oscars, thanks to her barely-there gold dress, which looked better suited to a beach club than a glittering red carpet
Garish: The talented 36-year-old, who is nominated for her role in The United States Vs. Billie Holiday, completely missed the mark in the tacky ensemble
Romanian screenwriter Bianca Oana also chose gold for her Oscars ensemble, which was something of an eyesore – and looked as though she had bulldog clips stuck under her armpits
Ladies in red: Celeste Waite’s very gothic red-and-black dress was bad enough by itself, but when paired with her heart-shaped handbag, it looked all the more creepy, while Ashley Fox’s scarlet frock was rather unflattering
Gory: The diamante heart-shaped bag even featured arteries and valves
Put it down! Screnwriter Erica Rivinoja chose a beautiful pink dress – but for some reason chose to accessorize with a clutch that was shaped like a shrimp
Delicious? The plastic pearlescent handbag was designed to look like seafood
Terrible trend: Gold seemed to be the color of the night – but while some hit it out of the park with their gilded ensembles, others, like Martin Desmond Roe (left) and Travon Free (right) just ended up looking tacky
Womp womp: The addition of the sneakers just made the Groundhog Day directors’ coordinating looks all the more ill-suited for the red carpet
Don’t look down! The majority of Questlove’s outfit was incredibly low-key and refined – but for some reason he chose to add a pair of gilded Crocs, which totally ruined the overall look
Why? The songwriter paired the gold plastic clogs with a pair of blue-and-purple socks