How woman who accused Christian Porter of rape was in touch with cops five times and said she was suffering from a mental condition causing her to ‘disassociate’… before she took her own life just one day after WITHDRAWING complaint
The woman who accused Attorney-General Christian Porter of sexual assault – which he vehemently denies – met police five times and told investigators that she had a health condition where she ‘disassociates’.
NSW Police have issued a detailed statement describing how its Strike Force Wynderra investigated the woman’s claims the Cabinet Minister raped her in Sydney in January 1988.
In the statement, police said the woman met with Child Abuse and Sex Crimes Squad officers at Kings Cross Police Station on February 27, 2020, along with a support person.
At the meeting, the accuser told officers she had a number of health problems and ‘dissociates’.
She ‘wanted to ensure when supplying her statement that was as coherent and as grounded as possible,’ the police statement said.
Disassociation is described by Australian health authorities as ‘a mental process where a person disconnects from their thoughts, memories or sense of identity’.
Christian Porter outed himself as the Cabinet Minister accused at a press conference on Thursday
The woman first attended Kings Cross Police Station in Sydney’s east (above) in February last year
In the statement police said the ‘primary concern of investigators was victim care and welfare’.
Detectives had contact with her on at least five occasions over the following three months.
‘During the contact had with her, her ongoing welfare was discussed along with a plan for how and when her statement would be taken,’ police said.
‘On 23 June 2020 the woman sent detectives an email indicating she no longer felt able to proceed with reporting the matter, citing medical and personal reasons.
‘The woman very clearly articulated in that email that she did not want to proceed with the complaint.
‘She also thanked investigators in this email. She was very grateful for the time and support the Investigators provided to her.’
The next day, a strike force detective replied to the email. The woman died by suicide at home in Adelaide the next day, June 24.
The woman attended a national debating competition in Sydney with Christian Porter (above)
The statement comes amid controversy over police declaring the case ‘closed’ due to inadmissible evidence.
Mr Porter last night sensationally outed himself as the Morrison Government minister accused in order to categorically deny the accusation and insist he will not stand down, saying: ‘It just didn’t happen.’
The 50-year-old former public prosecutor confirmed he attended a debating competition at Sydney University with his accuser when he was 17 and she was 16, but categorically denied ever sleeping with the woman who has since taken her own life.