What is happening at EURO 2020 on Saturday?
- France will play Hungary in a packed Budapest stadium at 3pm CEST
- Portugal will tackle Germany in Munich at 6pm CEST
- Spain will face Poland in Seville at 9pm CEST
What are today”s key EURO 2020 talking points?
The Danish soccer federation says Christian Eriksen has been discharged from the hospital. Eriksen has been in the hospital in Copenhagen since collapsing on the field during his team’s opening match at the European Championship on Saturday.
German Chancellor Angela Merkel’s chief of staff has cautioned football fans against travelling to London for the later stages of the European Championship because of fears of a coronavirus resurgence.
Hungary is the only country that allows a full stadium at Euro 2020 and the 67,215-capacity Puskas Arena is expected to be packed when France faces Hungary this Saturday. France goalkeeper Hugo Lloris says heat and noise will be factors in the match, with the temperature expected to reach 33 degrees Celsius.
Spain striker Álvaro Morata says it’s normal to be criticised for not scoring goals. Morata was singled out by fans and Spanish media after his misses in the team’s 0-0 draw against Sweden at the European Championship.
What happened on Friday?
- England and Scotland drew 0-0 in their Group D game in Wembley Stadium, London
- Sweden beat Slovakia 1-0 in their Group E match at the Saint Petersburg Stadium, St Petersburg
- Croatia and Czech Republic drew 1-1 in their Group D match in Hampden Park,Glasgow